No announcement yet.

Honor: Lost TBH Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lameduck - Glenn Gates was a friend of mine. Grumpy old phart, but a good dude none the less.

Comment

Thanks Bob.

Comment

TBH has lost some incredibly special people. It’s always a tough read.

I was trying to hold back the tears when I noticed “the arrower” Randall Witte on the list earlier today. It was definitely hard on me not being able to hunt with him this past season. He was one of a kind, a dear friend and a great Texasbowhunter member.
        Not a day goes by that I don’t miss him. It’s been a rough year!!!

Comment

I will be remembering all who I have met in the past come this Saturday at Bownanza. Life is a very delicate thing. It can be gone in an instant. Cherish the gift of time with those who you get the opportunity to spend a little, or a lot, of time with. I want to remember all those who I have met, meet, and spend time with here on this earth, while I'm here. Let no one be forgotten.

Comment

I realized something the other night that makes the green screen so incredible. As we get older we tend to reminisce more about our lives and what we could have done or should have done. Whose life did we affect in a positive way? However, one post on here stays forever. Our fellow members who have passed have left a permanent imprint of themselves here in these pages. We can go back and read their past post and it is as if they are still among us. Even though they have passed on to a better place their wisdom, stories and humor stay with us and they are immortalized here. I love the acknowledgement of our passed members. What a wonderful site we have here.

Comment

txairbear - John Beck

John was a longtime friend and hunting partner. We went to Forestry school together at SFA in the 70's. He lived a life of adventure. Vietnam vet, helicopter crew chief, Forester, Wild land Firefighter and a great guy.

He flew Air Attack and was a Helicopter Manager for the Forest Service and fought fires all over the country and in Australia.

John didn't post often but followed the page. He was seriously ill for the last few years and passed last June. He'll be missed.

Comment

Thank you Bob.....very thoughtful of you!

Comment

Honor: Lost TBH Members

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  I will be remembering all who I have met in the past come this Saturday at Bownanza. Life is a very delicate thing. It can be gone in an instant. Cherish the gift of time with those who you get the opportunity to spend a little, or a lot, of time with. I want to remember all those who I have met, meet, and spend time with here on this earth, while I'm here. Let no one be forgotten.

At 5:45 today I found out a guy I know and really liked died last night a few hundred yards from my house. We’ve shared a few beers together and always talked about cars when we hung out. He was a mechanic at the shop I bring my cars to and I always walk into the bay and shoot the crap with him about what he’s working on. I saw him Thursday and waived to him as I pulled off instead of taking 5 minutes to talk to him as usual. He must have finished his car we have talked about a few times in the past and was taking a test run when he lost control and hit a tree.

Would have never imagined the last time I ever saw him was waving through a windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bsimm78-Blake Simmons, passed away in May, 2015 with Multiple Sclerosis.

Comment

Really cool thing you did, making those name tags Bob.
                      Ol' Jdubuzz is smiling like crazy right now..I was sure cussing him last week as I broke down one of his gigantic tri-pods..He should of been there helping me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                        Really cool thing you did, making those name tags Bob.
                        Ol' Jdubuzz is smiling like crazy right now..I was sure cussing him last week as I broke down one of his gigantic tri-pods..He should of been there helping me.

You and I still need to get together.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                          You and I still need to get together.
                          Yeah we do.Been meaning to get together for awhile.I'll pm you my number.

Comment

This is the updated list. Let me know if I’m missing any deceased members or if the info I have is incomplete or incorrect.

In no particular order:

Holdem – Mike Holder

Rsatt - Ronnie Satterfield

Jpbruni – J.P. Davidsson

Jaspros – Jason Prosser

DeadeyeDeb – Debbie

Concho Man – Brad Ellis

Txrattler – Alan

Cody – Cody Looper

Ruffrider – Troy Gatlin

Koons – Debbie

Zack – Zack Kolda

Frontloader – Ed Kana

The Arrower – Randall Witte

Ole Shep – David Shepperd

SMOOTHboar – Marshall Smith

Garrett – Garrett Sullivan

TexasRed – Jimmy Glasgow

Woody – Kevin Duncan

Drawknife – Mike McConnaughay

Tuthdoc – John Lee

Eric Pence – Eric Pence

Blaine – Blaine Smith

boblee – Ronnie Bates

jdubuzz – James Usry

GR5 – Michael

Huntress - Marilyn

HFD Hunter – Mathew McChesney

Ashley – Ashley Scott

Cheez - Dennis Smith

Lameduck - Glenn Gates

Tx airbear - John Beck

bsimm78 - Blake Simmons

Comment

Jetlag887 - Pat Roebuck, passed away in 2017. I fished with him once, great guy.

Comment

bullshark- Matt Holland passed a few years ago. Great guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X