Need Ground Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Ground Blind

I have been looking at getting either the Ameristep Doghouse or Cabela's Skyline Full-Draw 2X ground blind. I am new to hunting ground blinds and not sure which is better or if there is something else out there you guys would recommend over these choices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the doghouse. It is a little small to draw more than one direction. If
    you are certain your quarry will be seen and shot out of one certain window,
    I would recommend it. It is difficult to see in various directions, but it also
    keeps you secluded from wandering eyes. I am happy with mine.

Todd

Comment

I've hunted out of a trophy Den. It's plenty big enough to draw back in even two ppl. If you want to see it in action, i have a video of a doe i shot out of it posted here online. Before i shoot the doe there is vid of bucks in front of it too.

Comment

Stick with a blind that has a hub design you wont be dissappointed. Also make sure the height is as close to 60" or taller to clear you top wheel. Some of the shorter blinds force you to sit on the ground or a short chair that is uncomfortable.

Comment

I think for the money Eastman Outfitters' line of Carbon Venture blinds are the best deal going. I personally have a CV H2 blind and an Ameristep Doghouse blind. I've killed 2 deer out of the Doghouse this year, but it has turned pink, had a pole break, and a pole pocket tear out. Ameristep has said they will replace it when I mail it back to them. My H2 has had no such problems. The Doghouse is about 6" too small in my opinion.

Comment

Big Smith Wrote -
            Also make sure the height is as close to 60" or taller to clear you top wheel.
            I second that. 60" is almost too short in my opinion, especially if its something you will set up in front of a feeder. If you get one that is too short, just start digging.

Comment

i kinda like the way that cabela's blind looks. looks a lot like the double bull t2 blinds. i have the trophy den blind also and haven't had any problems with it at all. seen plenty of deer our of it.

Comment

Thanks for the input.I think I am going to look more into the hub blinds.Is there anywhere in the D/FW area that carries these blinds besides Cabela's or BPS?

Comment

Look on ebay and search for the eastman blinds. Should be able to get one delivered with safari system for under 150. Best value on the market in my opinion. I also like my Brickhouse, but the safari system on the CV's really help you hide them. I have 10 of the CV's and half of them are out hunting right now.

Comment

I have the Cabelas Lightning Set blind, and I love it. It opens like an umbrella and has windows on all sides. roomy enough to draw at almost any angle and comes in a good camo pattern for south texas. carbon venture would be my next choice. good luck in your shopping.

Comment

I bought a ground blind this year. I first bought the Ground Max Escape blind. It looked solid in the store and seemed roomy enough. I got it home and after 30 minutes of pulling, tugging and wrenching the thing, I finally got it set up. If I remember correctly, it may have even been a collective family effort! Anyway, I returned it to Cabela's that week, bought a Double Bull Matrix and have been pleased with it.

Now, I am starting to realize the limitations of the ground blind and am about to invest in a tree stand, but if you are going to buy one, you cannot go wrong with a Matrix.

Comment

I ordered the Eastman Undercover Pro 360 today, so hopefully it will be a good one.I am very limited on using tree blind since our place dont have very many oaks but plent of crooked mesquites.

Comment

I agree with several here concerning the Eastman Blinds. My Dad purchased one at Wal-Mart and it is great. Plenty of room. I will be buying a few more of them for next season.

Comment

Working...
                          X