Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I looked up P.O.S. in the dictionary....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
    I don't like Michael Vick. Never have, but he is getting screwed on this deal. Yes it is illegal but he is getting railroaded because he is a Sports Star. Had he been just another Joe his dogs would have been confiscated and he would ahve gotten a fine and that is all. Dog Fighting in Alabama and Georgia is like Cock Fighting is here in Texas.
    like cock fighting is in Texas...You mean ILLEGAL!~~!~! And yes he is a P.O.S.

Comment

i have to agree with jaspro. if he was just joe schmo no one would give a krap. But yes dog fighting is bad bad. It's a disgusting gambling sport.

Comment

I guess I better put in my 2 cents before this gets locked.

This inhumane treatment is common among people who fight dogs. Last year in our area, a lady found a pit bull pup, about 9 months old, that was appearently used as a trainer. The pup had been tied with barb wire, wrapped in barb wire, and had numerous bites from much bigger dogs on hime. The lady found the still alive pup in a trash pile on the side of a county road. She took it to Bryan where a vet examined it and found several internal injuries appearently from crushes. The vet put the pup down because his prognosis was so poor.

It sickens me that people treat God's creatures like that. Like Jaspro's signature - Evil prevails when good men fail to act.

And Higgie - what statement were you making with that picture?

Comment

When you choose to live life in the spotlight, you'd better expect people to notice when you screw up.

If you've ever heard the guy speak, it's not hard to tell he's a moron.

Isn't the bigger crime the fact that he steals a paycheck every week?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I think the people of Atlanta would agree with you there Dale!

Comment

Originally posted by Higee View Post
              [ATTACH]29609[/ATTACH]
              Higgee, I'm assuming this is a reference to the cruelty to hogs Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house people.

Innocent until proven guilty guys. You of all people should know how biased the media is. If it wasn't Michael Vick do you think anyone would have even heard about it. NO!

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions because he's a star athlete, I'm just saying he shouldn't be punished more for being one.!!!
              Last edited by Bucks&Broadheads; 07-18-2007, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                Exactly. Also like all my boys down at UT that have had some troubles in the recent years.
                Heath are you talking about me!
                There was a guy last year who's dogs killed a lady in Milam co and he only got probation.

Comment

I am not condoning what he has done, but as Texas Tracker just mentioned a person dies and they get probation. In the NFL you can beat the hell out of your wife and get a little fine and some publicity. Something isn't right about that.

Comment

These guys (insert pac man into discussion) pull down more coin than anyone. For that, they get to live in the spotlight and yes, be role models to our kids. When they trip up, they need to pay.

Hate to see anyone tried in the media but hopefully the overwhelming evidence is true and he simply gets what he deserves.

Ron Mexico... don't drop the soap

If anything, he's going to lose a mountain of cash to lost endorsement revenue.
                    Last edited by Legdog; 07-18-2007, 07:34 AM. Reason: add more junk

Comment

Innocent till proven guilty huh? That's all well and good and makes a great tag line, but Chew can probably vouch for this. Feds don't usually indict unless they are almost 100% sure they have an airtight case.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                        There was a guy last year who's dogs killed a lady in Milam co and he only got probation.
                        No, he was found not guilty. I live in Milam County and we followed the case daily. On the surface it looks like justice went terribly wrong. The details reveal a different story, but that is for another day. The civil trial has not been nearly as public. This is the case which led to Lillian's Law, which did not pass the legislature this year, but I imagine it will on the next session.

Comment

P.O.S. indeed, regardless of what happens in the courts. I hope the NFL bans him from the league regardless of the legal system outcome.

Comment

Texas Tracker- He only got that b/c at the time NO law was in place to make him responsible. Rep. Gattis is working with the Woman's daughter to change that. It is going into effect. Anyone who fights any animals agenst another is a P.O.S. cocks,dogs whatever. I have relatives who raise fighting cocks(its the ******* way).

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              When you choose to live life in the spotlight, you'd better expect people to notice when you screw up.

If you've ever heard the guy speak, it's not hard to tell he's a moron.

That is how I feel too.

Vick will get used as an example. The feds know that everyone will pay attention to this case. Guys like Vick revel in the spotlight, the money, the fame. They enjoy VIP treatment at resturants, clubs and pretty much everywhere else. They dont want to be treated like everyone else because of their fame...one clip they kept playing on tv last night was him jiveing into the camera during pregame stretching while his teammates were going through stretching...he even thought he was above his teammates(another common fact about Vick).

These guys always want the spotlight when the do what they perceive to be good, BUT when they do screw up they want to be treated like you and I! Sorry bud, you are going to catch the bad end of this spotlight, just like Michael Irvin and the slew of other thugs that have come before him.

And as far as I am concerned he can take his brother with him.

Animal cruelty is a very slippery slope and as hunters we have to guard our words and actions carefully as the term "animal cruelty" can have a very broad definition and if organizations like PETA and the like have their way it will continue to broaden.

On edit: A few years ago my lab and my sisters boxer, which are both very docile dogs, got into a fight over a toy. Luckily I was able to seperate them quickly and I only got bit once on accident. Neither dog was hurt, just some superficial cuts, but in an instant I saw how primal(sp), gory and violent a dog fight could be...as I type this I shuddered remembering back.
                              Last edited by JeffJ; 07-18-2007, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Vick is an idiot. Remember this is the genius that tried to sneak dope through security at the airport in a water bottle. How smart can the guy be hiding drugs in an item (water bottle) which isn't allowed past security. On top of that he was flying back HOME to Atlanta when he was caught. I can see the retard trying to sneak some to smoke on an out of town trip but this moron was sneaking dope back to his house. He probably had plenty of it there already.

Comment

Working...
                                X