See less

Bowhunting history: remember when ..... the Baker Tree Stande stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never hunted one but a buddy of mine in Alabama has one!!! very kewl!

Comment

I knew I never liked climbing stands for a reason. Thanks for the reminder and chuckle, Blake.

Comment

Good stuff blake!

Comment

I never heard of a baker but my first stand was an amacker!

Comment

I was hunting on Operation Whitetail in east Texas in about 79 and a guy was giving a demonstration of Bakers. He got up about 15' and came sliding back down and hit the ground. He wasn't hurt but he was spooked. He didn't go back up for a while.

Comment

I've seen a bunch of them but never used one.

Comment

I took a short trip down a tall tree with one of them. I hugged it all the way down and didnt get hurt other then bark in my arms(short sleeve), I got rid of that sucker the next day!!

Comment

My cousin has one sitting in his barn that we found in a tree on his place 10 or so years ago........

Comment

That was funny!

Experience is usually the best teacher.

Comment

I had one very similar to that. Slid about 10' down a east TX pine tree before it caught. I bought a Gorilla lock on shortly after. Good stuff!

Comment

That sure brought back some memories!!! I hated those stands but used them more than I should have!

Comment

I think I have a Baker, too.

Comment

I used one of those until 2002, when my wife bought me a Summit. I had a rope for a safety harness.

Comment

Baker=Rattle bag

I rattled in a buck with mine one time. I had been hunting a big 10 west of Conroe back when I used to mark timber. I switched locations one morning and as soon as I stood up and looked around he was headed straight for me.

I slipped my feet out of the bungees, pulled my bow up and he had disappeared. I waited about ten minutes and grunted one time. He bolted from about twenty yards. He had been standing still all that time right behind a yaupon bush. Never saw him again.

I'll take pictures for you Blake. I slid down a pine tree more than once.

I'll sell mine cheap.

Comment

Wow!..... I remember seeing those in East Tx (Silsbee)

Comment

Working...
                                X