Shackleford, Stephens, Young Cnty. Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shackleford, Stephens, Young Cnty. Hunters

Lots of rutting activity being reported from fellow hunters that hunt in this area. I can't wait for this weekend! I'm going to hunt all day and cover as many acres as possible with the rattling horns in hopes of hookin up with a buck that is old enough. We still have 40 does to kill to meet our MLD II goals for this year. Wanted to get them gone before the breeding season started, but deer movement has been very minimal. I don't think that will be the case this weekend.

Man, thats good news...I just signed up on a bow lease in Young county and have yet to put up any feeders or stands...kick-arse!

Comment

The bucks are looking!
      The does aren't interested!
      The acorns are falling!
      Should make for a interesting opener for the rifle season! I'm hoping to at least stick a pig or a doe with my longbow!

Comment

Good luck Codie. Are you gonna be gun or bow hunting? I know it is tough to get them close enough and still enough to stick one while rattling. Unfortunately due to a new company and brand new baby I have not spent any time in the stand in Shackelford county this year. However I have a lot of years left to. Stick a big one.

Comment

Working...
        X