Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any family NOT participate in Halloween?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any family NOT participate in Halloween?

This year was our first year not participating. Upon doing a lot of research on the origin of Halloween, there was no way I could encourage my kids to participate. I know, I know....it is just a kid thing. It is another way that "hallmark" has convinced us to spend our hard earned money for a senseless thing. Satan sits down there and just smiles. These little ones have no idea.......no more for my family. How about y'all?

I will keep my comments to myself
    Jeff Young

Comment

Give me a break!

How about that possesed truck in your profile pic? Looks like the work of the devil to me!

Comment

Boo!I'm keeping with the Halloween holiday!

Comment

Oh crap. Here we go.

Comment

More butter on mine please...

Comment

Was just a question. Wasn't pushing my view on others. Merely asking if others did the same.

Comment

The work of the Devil, I tell ya!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nathan - Devil.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	23816023

Wait, that's Nathan!

Comment

Dang devil turned me into a dork last night!

No, no, wait, that was the beer

Last edited by jyoung; 10-20-2008, 01:44 PM.
                  Jeff Young

Comment

Huh?

..and Jeff, learn how to upload pictures!
                    Last edited by shotgunsmitty; 11-01-2006, 04:14 PM. Reason: to give Jeff a hard time.

Comment

I personally don't think Halloween is anything more than kids dressing up like ghouls, goblins, or Paris Hilton and knocking on doors for candy. Jeeez, If you are a devil worshipper, then you know it and probably do it 365 days a year instead of waiting until the last day of October. I didn't run into any last night while taking my 3 year old on his 1st trick or treat outing, just more kids having fun. But hey, this is America, you don't have to celebrate Halloween, Christmas, Easter or any other holiday. Do what you like, I'm sure the kids will understand.

Comment

Jeff,yur so funny,the Nascar shirt Rocks!!
                        Mudshack,everyone has their own beliefs on Halloween,i just believe in the fun of it.Sorry if i stepped on any toes!

Comment

It's cool Bowwiz. Everyone is speaking the same things I have said for years. I knew the post would get some flack. But I was really hoping to find if anyone else went all out like we did. That's all.

With all the posts about Halloweening, I just wanted to know if there was anyone else on the website that shared my views. Not judging others.....like I said, I grew up doing it, and so have my kids...until this year, and they were cool with it.

Comment

We do not. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for doing it, and others shouldn't get slammed for not doing it. My kids are not deprived and won't be scarred from 'missing out'. It's just personal preference.

Comment

Cool. I knew there would be at least one other. <slap on the back for texaskinner> Howdy brother.

Comment

Working...
                              X