Trek to Quebec for Blackbear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trek to Quebec for Blackbear

As the other band of brothers from different mothers make there way to DFW, I sit here at gate 12 of IAH await the departure to Montreal via Detroit. See you there guys.

Hopefully the rest if the group totaling 8 will chime in. The 3 returning from last year are Eddie Howard, Keep and myself.

The bear have been hitting the baits real hard the past several weeks and targets of opportunity should be plentiful.

We will try to post updates as we can.

Good luck!!!! Seeing black bears in the wild is awesome!

Comment

Y'all drive careful driving and don't follow too close.
      Last edited by Froggy; 05-22-2010, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Been there, done that and had one of the best times of my life. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Good luck fellas! Shoot da BIG bear!

I sure am gonna miss the trip this year, but I'll be waiting for updates.

Comment

<<<<<--------- is green with envy!

Drill one, guys!

Comment

Good luck guys! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Comment

Thats awesome guys, be safe, have fun and shoot straight!

Comment

Good luck Russ. Hope you get a big bear!!!

Comment

Good luck Russ Jim and others. Be safe have fun and drill one!

Comment

Good luck Russell! We will have to get together once you get back with your bear.

Comment

Oscar sent me a text message earlier and said he had just gotten to Montreal. I am green with envy too!!
                        I'm saving my pennies as I want to go next year for my first ever bear hunt. Maybe I can tag along if y'all have an opening.

Comment

Good luck guys, I will be looking for updates.

Comment

Hey Gang,
                            We are in St. Anne, Quebec at a motel for the night. We are actually a party of 9 this year and Jim has been on the phone with the outfitter all day. The reports sound AWESOME as there are bears in the CAMP!!!!! As many times as Jim has been up here with this outfit that is a first! We are the first group of the year so things should be HOT & Heavy as we get ready to TWHACK a few bruins. For me personally.....anything has got to be better than what a few of us experienced last year in New Brunswick!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Hey Gang,
                              We are in St. Anne, Quebec at a motel for the night. We are actually a party of 9 this year and Jim has been on the phone with the outfitter all day. The reports sound AWESOME as there are bears in the CAMP!!!!! As many times as Jim has been up here with this outfit that is a first! We are the first group of the year so things should be HOT & Heavy as we get ready to TWHACK a few bruins. For me personally.....anything has got to be better than what a few of us experienced last year in New Brunswick!
                              Awesome! You're going to have a blast!

From what I understand from talking to EddieHoward (who had talked to Jim), there are a bunch of bears hitting the "bait house" which is about 1/4 mile or so down the road from the cabins. I guess they are not getting their fill and wandering down to see what's cooking at camp!

Me and HollisF, after tagging out last year, sat in an abandoned pickup cab at the bait house and watched the bear while having a few beverages. VERY COOL way to spend a rainy afternoon!

Good luck fellas!

Comment

Working...
                              X