Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it wasn't for bad luck ...

I wouldn't have NO LUCK at all!
    I got an email this morning ... and followed it up with a confirming phone call.

Last year, around this time, I worked for a different firm. One of our contractors sent my boss, two other guys, and I on a duck/dove hunt with an outfitter north of El Campo. Besides the fact that they had rescheduled the hunt 3 times because of conflicts with the outfitter, the duck/dove hunt that we went on was just a hair short of a total fiasco. On a follow-up phone call from the contractor, we told him exactly how much fun we didn't have on the hunt. He asked how he could make it up to us, and I jokingly told him that he should take us on an exotic hunt. We all laughed ... end of call.

Fast forward to today. I get an email from my old boss telling me that that contractor was sending him on an exotic hunt ... all expenses paid ... for the animal of his choice on the Hatada Ranch.

So, I give him a call, just to make sure he's not yanking my chain (which he loves to do) and he gives me all the details and he's leaving for the ranch mid Friday morning.

He didn't even know what the animals were! So, to rub salt in the wound, he asked ME what he should shoot. To add insult to injury, he said he was going to bring me whatever animal he shot (to mount), but they were going to take care of the taxidermy for him too!

I begged and groveled, and even though it was my big mouth that got him this hunt, he still won't let me go! Something about employees only ... or some nonsense like that!

Some people just have all the luck!

Dang, that's rough.

Comment

That sux

Comment

Thats horrible.

Comment

sounds like to me like a pretty expensive mount if you know where im going with this...

Comment

Working...
          X