How do i treat termites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texwild View Post
    To kill the colony takes time to bait and monitor.
    Well, I'm no expert on this subject but the LSU AgCenter has one of the premier termite research programs in the south and I have pick up some information by visiting with some of the researchers. It is my understanding that baits have to be actively picked up (in appropriate quantities) by the workers and brought down to the colony in order to effectively kill the colony. This does take time and the bait stations need to monitored, and moved if necessary.

The way Termidor works as I understand it, which is different than bait, is that any worker that comes into contact with the compound will pick it up and inadvertently transport it down to the colony before it succums to the toxic effect. So, Termidor does not have to be actively transported as does bait, it is passively translocated by every worker that comes into contact with it -- and is faster acting than the baiting method (which can be effective at eliminating colonies also if used right). I have no stake or interest in Termidor, but have used it at two locations (homes) and I know it works and works well.

Comment

More information on termites, including both types, can be found at this site:

Comment

Send a PM to bughunter..........it's his thang............he's in Taylor.....

Stu

Comment

That termidor is heck on ants too. I got a little diluted sample from my bugman several years ago. If I ever see ants anywhere around the outside of the house I hit the area with a couple of squirts of the stuff, and next day...dead ants everywhere.

Comment

what about wood ants,

Comment

Originally posted by Wood~Rat View Post
              what about wood ants,
              Yep...dead as a hammer.

Comment

Ttt, just got a quote for $780 to put out termidor...[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post

Worth it. Thats about the price to replace 2 boards if the termites tear them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post

granted this is an 11 year old thread, with a recent bump

I used both of these products for termites and various insects, pests. Apply it yourself (watch the videos on the website) and it works like a champ , kills EVERYTHING. Buy the biggest bottle available that will last a while. $150 for both products, one day in the yard, and your done

Great customer service and fast shipping from a Texas company.

Talstar P professional - https://www.solutionsstores.com/talstar-pro

Termidor SC - https://www.solutionsstores.com/termidor-sc

Comment

It is not cheap! And to be treated, you need to treat the entire house and dig a trench.

I have a buddy who owns a termite company. He treated mine for 1/2 the price in cash.

I had termites 5 years ago, just after I bought my house. THe inspector did not catch them, so I had him pay to repair the extensive damage and also he paid to treat my entire house. It was $1100 out of his pocket just to treat it

Comment

Sorry to hijack, but same problem....
                        I have a 5 foot section of fence that I keep having some come to.
                        I pour gasoline over the area and kill them. They disappear for a few months and then move down a couple of boards. This has happened four times.
                        Someone said to pull the dirt off the base of that section of fence?

Why do they keep coming back and what to Keep them from coming back.

Comment

Give me a call when you’re free to discuss it 512-848-8172

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                            Well, I'm no expert on this subject but the LSU AgCenter has one of the premier termite research programs in the south and I have pick up some information by visiting with some of the researchers. It is my understanding that baits have to be actively picked up (in appropriate quantities) by the workers and brought down to the colony in order to effectively kill the colony. This does take time and the bait stations need to monitored, and moved if necessary.

The way Termidor works as I understand it, which is different than bait, is that any worker that comes into contact with the compound will pick it up and inadvertently transport it down to the colony before it succums to the toxic effect. So, Termidor does not have to be actively transported as does bait, it is passively translocated by every worker that comes into contact with it -- and is faster acting than the baiting method (which can be effective at eliminating colonies also if used right). I have no stake or interest in Termidor, but have used it at two locations (homes) and I know it works and works well.

dead on correct

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonfish View Post
                              Send a PM to bughunter..........it's his thang............he's in Taylor.....

Stu

checks in the mail stu

Comment

i hate old bumped threads
                                but call me anyways
                                i haven’t retired yet

Comment

Working...
                                X