What is the cheapest AR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the cheapest AR?

I know I know, you get what you pay for but I was thinking of getting one to use as a ranch/truck gun and don't want to swing the $1000+ for some I've seen So is there such a thing as an affordable AR?
    I can always add the good stuff later as I go. I'm talking bone stock, one mag, scopless, etc...

olympic are under 700 and really are decent firearms. If you can build it yourself you could get away for 600 even. Not much cheaper than that though.

Comment

Uh, wrong forum dude.

Comment

CMMG Bargin Bin $599. Getting good reviews. Check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          Uh, wrong forum dude.
          And why is that? Im betting there is a good number of members here that are into AR's.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
            And why is that? Im betting there is a good number of members here that are into AR's.
            Because "Equipment & Tuning" is for Archery Equipment.

I moved it.

As far as gettin a low price.....its not what you buy, but where you buy it at.

Found a good place in Texas City that is about $200 cheaper than everbody else.

Go shoppin!
            Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

CMMG Bargin Bin $599.
              This or build your own with a stripped lower about $100 and a Model 1 rifle kit $450ish

Comment

Del-Ton, Inc AR-15 AR15 16' M4 rifle kit. AR15 AR-15 16' m4 rifle kit includes upper receiver, barrel, handguards, buttstock and lower parts kit. Completly assembled upper assembly has been test fired and head spaced.

Just buy the lower

Comment

While looking at getting a cheap one make sure you get one with a chrome lined barrel. I honestly think Bushmaster has one of the cheapest well built AR platform type weapons, and there are some priced below 1000. A lot of you cheaper models do not come with chrome lined barrels.

Comment

cmmginc.net and click on bargain bin at the top. you will have a couple of choices there. one with chrome lined barrel, one with 16" and one with 18". no guarantees on the brand of lower or barrel, but it will get the job done for a starter piece.

Comment

Bought my S&W M&P15 at Acadamy for 800

Comment

Why is a chrome lined barrel needed? Wont warp or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                          Why is a chrome lined barrel needed? Wont warp or something?
                          The bore is much easier to clean. The bore is much more resistant to corrosion and pitting, and the barrel can survive not being cleaned as often. Extraction and feeding reliability is enhanced. The barrel lasts longer.

Comment

Uppers, lowers, etc... I'M SO CONFUSED!

Comment

I'm with ya, Cuz. I want to get in on the black gun craze but the lingo and millions of options available have my head spinning.

Comment

Working...
                              X