Medic's HELP NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medic's HELP NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!

Guys I passed my EMT-B class but I am having problems passing my National Registry! I was wondering if any one could help me with this issue I really and truly need help. If you can shoot me a pm I don't have much money to pay you but I will do what I can if I get some help. Have a general understanding on how things work but they do computer based testing and I don't understand the method behind the madness. Reaching out please help!! Thank you. Jason

Just sent you a pm. The method behind the NR is almost all the possible answers are correct but you have to make sure to do things in the right order. In other words say you have 4 possible answers to question 5. Read all the possible answers dont just go with the first one you see that is correct because it could be right but the next possible answer could also be right but actually come first in the order of the way you do say an assesment or treatment or S.A.M.P.L.E. history depending on what the question is. I hope that isnt to confusing.
    Last edited by Bweger; 03-01-2010, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Oh and they will ask the same question over again just worded a little different and another one of the answers will be the right one in the correct order. You have to read the entire question and all of the answers on every question then pick the best answer for that question not the first one you see that looks right.

Comment

Lots of scenarios. study your algorethems (sp?) read, read, read. All the answers are right, you just gotta figure out the rightest answer! Once the computer figures out you are having trouble, it will ask the same question over and over. Dont read too much into the questions. Answer the question in its simplest form. Dont try to "but if" and "what if" the questions.

Good luck.

Comment

I wish I could help, but I haven't ever taken a NR test. They didn't do that 17 years ago, LOL.

Comment

I took the TEEX course when I was w/ HFD. On the Natl Registry EMT-B the very important things to remember: You have to take out of the question, only what they give you, don't add anything. Airway, breathing , circulation is what simplified it for me.

Scene safety first- Always
            ABC's
            SAMPLE
            DCAP-BTLS

I think my computer shut down around 70 questions and I passed but to be honest I thought I had failed. I didn't like the way the test was administered either. There were some guys around me that were done in ten minutes and I was there for a while.

Comment

Exactly what has been said before, but I will say it again. It only took me a short time to finish my NR exam. Truthfully I never would have had to take it, if I would have kept my certification up. It was not required 15 years ago. The best advice I can give you is to answer with the best answer they give you. More than likely they are all right, but they are looking for the best. Study your materials from class, and as said before ABC's, SAMPLE history, and DCAP-BTLS. The majority of my questions were looking for this. The good thing I can tell you is as soon as you pass it, throw about 90 percent of what you learned out the window and start using your street smarts. Get a login for EmCert and get plenty of CE's while you remember to, and keep recertifying through CE's. Especially if you have problems with tests.

Oh yeah, and pray without ceasing, and let the TBH brotherhood know to pray for you too.

-crb

Comment

Mine expired w/ Natl Reg too but its still good thru the Dept of Health in Tx.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                  Mine expired w/ Natl Reg too but its still good thru the Dept of Health in Tx.
                  Yep, my Texas cert expired in 1999, By the time I was going to go throguh class again, I had to go through the NR exam, and get my Texas cert that way. My NR is expired now, but I just keep the CE's rolling with EmCert and EMS conference every year.

-crb

Comment

I just tried to send you a PM but I can't tell if it went through. If it didn't, send one to me and I'll try to reply to it. I live nearby and would be willing to help out.

Comment

I can send you a copy of the Cliff's Notes Nursing exam NR

j/k ... best of luck brother as I'll say some prayers for you

Comment

I let my NREMT expire...don't waste your time with it unless 1) you have to take it for your class or 2) you plan on doing work out of state....

I'm renewing my EMT-B through CE right now and I'm not going to do the NR.

Comment

PM sent...been a paramedic for 9 years and an instructor for 6...I'll do what I can to help

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                            I took the TEEX course when I was w/ HFD. On the Natl Registry EMT-B the very important things to remember: You have to take out of the question, only what they give you, don't add anything. Airway, breathing , circulation is what simplified it for me.

Scene safety first- Always
                            ABC's
                            SAMPLE
                            DCAP-BTLS

I think my computer shut down around 70 questions and I passed but to be honest I thought I had failed. I didn't like the way the test was administered either. There were some guys around me that were done in ten minutes and I was there for a while.

I had over 100 questions. I thought I missed every question. And the computer just shuts down. Your test is over. No warning. No thank you. Nothin. About a week later, I got a big envelope in the mail from the NR sayin I passed!! Man, I was so relieved.

GOOD LUCK, BROTHER!!

Comment

Sorry can't help ya. Took the registry back in the day before it was on computer. But what i do know is that a studied my but off the first time and not the second and passed. I think its just luck

Comment

Working...
                              X