No announcement yet.

Cotton Seed? ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's planted all around us and the deer eat it during the summer like wheat. If the plants make them sterile you can't tell by our fawn crops. LOL They feed it to the cattle on our ranch. They just bring it in in dump trucks and put it in long piles.

Comment

you can get it from a cotton seed gin just about anywhere they do that. there is a place outside of batesville on the way to la pryor.

Comment

Again, I'd caution everyone on buying untested (for aflatoxin) cotton seed...esp. dryland cotton harvested this year (drought year)....the aflatoxin levels could be too high (and note: there is a reason Texas requires corn fed to wildlife to be tested and not above a certain threshold)

supplemental feeding can be good...done right.

again, that's why we get dairy quality cottonseed from the Abilene area and have it trucked in.

Comment

Jamie,
          If you are getting it from the Abilene area who are you buying from? The only reason I ask is because the dairy my uncle works for buys from Gore's in Comanche and they usually beat everyone else around by $20. The next cheapest is Red Chain in Gorman. Not sure what it is costing them right now as it has been steadily climbing but I know the first of August they were paying $120 a ton delivered.

Comment

$160/ton delivered to south Texas.

Do you have phone numbers for Gore's and Red Chain?

Comment

The number to Red Chain is (254) 734-2252.
              The number to Gore's is (325) 356-2566

Comment

Working...
              X