Killed a nice 8 pt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killed a nice 8 pt.

Killing a nice 8 pt. was the good news....

Bad news was that I killed him with my Z71 Tahoe and he did about $4,000 in damage in the process.

Fortunately, no one (but the deer) was hurt and the ride will be fixed in a couple of days.

Besides the deductable, the really bad thing was that someone would have been really proud to have him on the wall.

Due to the condition of the deer there were no LDP's.

He came across the road and I never had a chance to miss him...

That's no really the way you want to get one! Sorry to hear.

Comment

Hate to see any deer go out that way. Sometimes there is nothing you can do.

Sorry about the truck.

Comment

Sorry about your truck, wish it could have been your bow.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Doncom! This past saturday I sent a doe about 25 feet back to where she came from with my ranchhand. I was scared to see the damage, but much to my surprise...I couldn't find any sign of blood, hair, or anything....

Comment

I hit one with a Surburban years ago. Only had 1000 miles on it . I can fill your pain.

Comment

Bummer!

Comment

i almost hit a big doe in south texas this weekend ,buddy in the back seat was asleep at the time that was to funny...lol

Comment

Dang Don - sorry to hear all this. Glad everyone is okay.

Trailboss

Comment

Glad no one was hurt. Sorry about the vehicle, but it sounds like it couldn't be helped.

Comment

man that sux

Comment

Thanks for the kind words...

I just wish I could have taken LDP, because I KNOW someone here would have said I should have given him another year....

Comment

Glad to here everyone is OK. Not the way you want to take a trophy.

Comment

Good to hear you're ok.

Ron "Tater Salad" White does a funny bit about his brother telling a story about getting a deer, detailed story about the hunt, rifle he was using, etc, etc, then Ron said, "So what, I got one with a van, had the bright lights on and the horn blowing!"

I hit one with my dad's pickup when I was in high school, just a glancing hit on the front right corner, bent the end of the bumber in a little but didn't do any damage to the body of the truck.

Comment

Glad noone was hurt. There was a fella that hit a deer a couple of miles from my house back in August. He lost control, rolled the truck and was killed.

Comment

Working...
                              X