Question on limb bolt grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on limb bolt grease

I need to remove the limb bolts on an older Conquest 2 and really wanted to go back with an anti seize compound. I am hoping to keep the bolts from galling and prevent corrosion. I really don’t what to use “white lithium,” because of the two types of metal involved, steel bolts and aluminum riser. I know that “white lithium grease” is and excellent lubricant but anti seize products and lubricants are two different things and I think I need the anti seize compound. What are you bow mechanics using? Thanks

I've never heard of an anti seize on limb bolts. If you're going to do it, how about the anti seize they sell for automobile spark plugs? I use that whenever I do a tuneup on the cars. AutoZone sells small packets of it at the counter, or a tube will be a life time supply. What's the manufacturer recommend?

Comment

I don't know if you should use an anti-sieze or not, but if you do use some make sure its aluminum based and not copper based. Like you said, you're already combining 2 different metals in the riser and the bolts. Don't add a third.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The product that Mathews uses was posted on their forum at one time but I have not been able to get a reply. Walker I was thinking that something aluminum based would be the way to go. Anybody got a specific product. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X