Movie, Spooky Eight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie, Spooky Eight

Here is a movie of an eight pointer that sure didn't like something about me.

Spooky Eight

Great 8 pt video,hope ya stick em'.

Comment

Good looking eight. The trick is to stand off in some brush and not in the middle of the road.

Comment

Have you looked at your setup from where the deer was?

He was looking right at you, so either he saw some movement or heard something or caught just a whiff of your scent, just enough of one of those things to make him think something wasn't 100% ok, but not enough to run him out of there.

Good luck with letting the air out of him!

Comment

I was sitting in a gun blind that had just been put up and I assume that was the problem. We'll not shoot him with anything but a camera this year. I just thought it was neat to see the head movement and licking to pick up scent that he did.

Comment

nice deer wish I was in a situation where I'd pass on a deer like that!

Just out of curiosity is that deer 4.5 cuz thats what I'd guess.

Comment

txdukkir, that is as good of a guess as any that I'd make on him, might be 3 1/2 yo but all it is is a guess like all aging on the hoof where the deer is not known from a history on them.

He'll not P&Y and we have plenty of does to shoot so we are letting the marginal bucks live just to see what happens to them. This idea of culling in an open range environment is something that I question the wisdom of as long as the B/D ratios are less than ideal, and our place still has too many does. With the drought as it has been and virtually no recruitment, this is an opportunity to get things better by killing does.

Comment

Nice looking deer. Had a a lot of body language going on. Agree he should get a pass this year.

Comment

Working...
                X