Mature Montague County Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mature Montague County Buck

I was VERY pleasantly surprised to see this guy on the latest trail cam pics on our little Montague County lease. After learning about the habits of the lease "manager", I cannot believe this buck made it to maturity.

Thoughts on age? I know his rack is not much to be proud of, but I think I'd fling one his way in a heartbeat if he walked out. The question is...would you? I think it's a cool rack for only being a six.

This deer is by far the most mature buck we've seen on our trail cams. We feel there are others on the place, but the lease "manager" does a good job keeping them on the run, I believe. He has an ATV trail the winds through the entire place that he rides around on two or three times each time he's there. The biggest buck the guy has taken in his ten years on the place might be 120"

Starting to see an increase in the buck numbers on the trail cams. Starting to see some scraping and some new rubs, too. It's about to get good!

So tell me...your thoughts on age and again, would you?

I would say 5.5 and yes I would take him out.

Comment

5.5 here also and he is a cull buck for sure with a very neat looking rack. He might even do well in a six point buck contest.

Comment

Yep!!

I'm seeing a lot of "pre-rut" activity at my place in Jack. Lots (and I mean LOTS) of new scrapes.

Good luck getting him!
        If I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. So, any other opinion must be wrong, therefore stupid.

Comment

He needs to go!!

Comment

5 1/2,and definately one that needs to be taken out!

Comment

Looking at his face and leaving that swollen neck out of the picture, I'd say 4.5.
              I hunted up that way last year and there are bigger bucks for sure in Montague Co.
              A little sugar in the 4 wheelers gas tank should do the trick...
              In a 1 buck Co. I wouldn't shoot him till later in the season. But still a nice buck.

Comment

take him out

Comment

He's a pig, shoot him.

Comment

Larry,
                    Did you use my square when cutting your feeder legs?

A mature deer for sure and one I would take as well.

Comment

Smoke 'em Larry! I'd be willing to bet he is 6½ plus just from the pics you posted. Neat buck, he's be a trophy for sure. I hope you get him before your "manager" runs him into the next county.

Good luck dusting him amigo!

Comment

Hurry up and shoot him before the feeder collapses and falls on him!

Nice cull buck!

Comment

On my place I would put him on the ground in a heartbeat, very cool rack and is mature. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Comment

JT needs to hurry up with that feeder.

Comment

I was just fixing to say that! Are there cows on the place to worry about?

Comment

Working...
                              X