No announcement yet.

Chantix anybody try it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dreams thing kinda scares me... I have some pretty wild ummmmm, PTSDish dreams as it is. I only started smoking post Marine Corps, and I hate it but I love it for taking the edge off. I gotta find a way to quit this crap. I can barely run three straight miles anymore! Problem is, I dont have any desire to stop partaking in adult beverages when I want to.....

Comment

3 days ago is two years for me. Could not have done it with out it. Only took the drug two weeks. Had crazy dreams but they were fun as heck. Very vivid. The dr that gave the px answered my complaint about the cost of it with, Well how much do you spend on cigs? So far I have saved 2400 bucks. I kept up with it and use it as an excuse to spend a little cash on my self as a reward. The rest I spend on my baby girl.

Comment

Great thread.
        Wife has a box here and is about to start to quit smoking. I need to have her read this thread.
        I have a physical next week and am going to ask for a prescription to get off the copenhagen.
        My brothers son-in-law used it to quit copenhagen earlier this year. He said it was real easy to quit with it. Said he enjoyed the dreams. LOL

Comment

Never used this drug but I do know whatever you use you have to be ready. I quit last Aug. smoking 2 packs a day after 39 years. Wore the patch for 2 weeks ( was supposed to be 10 weeks) and then did cold turkey. Tried different ways before and just wasn't ready.
          I finally put the **** away and cowboy'ed up. If I can do it anyone can.

Comment

My wife had smoked a pack a day for 30 years and has been smoke-free for 3 years because of Chantix. I smoked a pack and a half for over 40 years and quit over a year ago with the help of Chantix. We had tried everything else and nothing worked, but the Chantix did. My wife had no side effects and all I had was really vivid, funny dreams. Not nightmares, just stupid dreams. Keep on trying and don't give up. You won't believe how happy you will be with yourself for quitting, not only for yourself, but for your family. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
              I remember the guys on the Ticket talking about this. I think Corbie and Danny were friends with him. I wonder how the cocktails he had that night contributed to what happened.

My wife and I have both used it in the past and it worked. Unfortunantly, I think we quit the RX too soon maybe. I am actually taking it now. No real side effects or dreams that I can remember.

As for the cost, you can go to their website and print off a $40 or $50 coupon.

All that being said, I will quit if you do. I was part of the Team Quit in 2006 (I think) with Bill M to get off of the snuff.
              You know if we both quit that means no late night trips to Breckenridge right? Thanks guys for all the feed back. I was actually a little nervous about the stuff, but it seems the vast majority that have actually used it were happy with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
                You know if we both quit that means no late night trips to Breckenridge right? .
                That late night trip to Laredo should have got you to quit

Comment

Working...
                X