No announcement yet.

Found an old indian camp...(pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny are you an archy or is it just a hobby?

Comment

Way cool finds Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
        If I only knew where to dig........ lol
        Trust me, I'd be all over it if we weren't tied up every weekend through June. If I get freed up before then I will let you know for sure. Either way, I'm coming out there sooner or later!

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
        Johnny are you an archy or is it just a hobby?
        Strictly a hobby.

Comment

Nice looking points.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Man 2 View Post
            That's so cool. On my friends ranch south of Sonora we found an old indian camp site. There was an area that one of my friends said looked like the site they kept their fire going. The rock was all broken into smaller size pieces, and the whole mound was darker than the area around it. Almost imediatly the first time we searched we found broken pieces. So far we have found most pieces in that area, but a few in other areas of the ranch. Here are a few of the best pieces. Anyone know what tribe would have been in that area, I have heard Apache and Comanche.
            Comanches is what are land owner has told us..His family has lived in for over a 150 yrs

Comment

Nice !!!

Comment

Congrats nice find. keep looking.

Comment

My place has a small creek running through it. At one spot there are about 12 small mounds in the woods near the creek. A guy told me a few years ago that it was probably an indian camp site. Is this typically what you see when you find these sites? They arent ant bed sized mounds......more like 60-72" diameter mounds that are about 1 1/2' tall.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHRELICS13 View Post
                    Nice looking points.

I found you on youtube a few weeks back...great videos my man and keep em coming. Gotta love stomping these snake infested creeks in East, Texas.

I'd love to hear the story on that Clovis I saw you pull out from underneath that table in one of your videos.

Comment

Working...
                    X