Views:	1
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	24716663
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty pig1 rs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	24716662
    Like several other proud dads on here My 10 y/o son got his first bow kill this weekend. It all started out Saturday morning we decided to rifle hunt because it was 38 degrees and I thought it was to cold for him to be sitting in a tree, so we set in a box blind with my 308. At about 7:45 I saw the flash from my game cam go off, so I told him to get ready. Three hogs came into the feeder pen and started to eat corn. Ty told me he was going to take the biggest one in there. It was a nice 75-80# sow and he made a good shot and took her down.
    That afternoon it warmed up to around 74 degrees and we decided to go sit in my tree stands in the back of the lease were I had seen several pigs and turkeys opening week. at about 6:30 we heard something coming down the hill and about 15 minutes later a group of Turkeys came in. Before I could tell him to get ready I looked down and he was at full draw, I told him to shoot when ever he was ready. He put one hell of a 23 yard shot on a nice hen. He place the arrow right behind the neck and it exited between the legs. This guy was pumped, His first bow kill and it was a turkey at that, I am one proud father. By the smile on his face you can tell that he was very happy for himself.
    Sunday morning it was cold again and we gun hunted another box stand at the bottom of a bluff were we have been seeing some goats. At 6:45 a doe came into the road and started to eat some corn. He made another 115 yard shot with the 308. He had shot his first whitetail and was happy about it, but not near as happy as the turkey.
    We had great weekend and one that I will remember forever, not to mention my son. Thanks for reading my long post.

Wil
    Last edited by delriowil; 10-29-2006, 07:05 PM. Reason: eror

congrats to the young hunter. he will be hooked now.

Comment

thats awesome. tell him congrats

Comment

That is what it's all about. Congrats to the young hunter.

Comment

Congrats to your son.

Comment

Thanks, The funny thing is that after he shot the turkey he looked up at me and said" you are going to put this on THB". What can a proud dad do.

Comment

Congrats to you and your son,thats some fine shooting,young un

Comment

AS a father we are always proud of the kids , And when they do some thing like this , I can almost see the smiles. Congrats to your son, And you Dad.

Comment

Congrats on a great weekend with your son. He will always remember it.

Congrats to him on the first kills too.

Comment

Congrats to father and son.

Comment

This is Ty, I loved this hunt because I have allways wanted to kill a hog, white tail and a turkey. I was so happy to kill my turkey with my bow. thanks for all the comments. :-B

Ty

Comment

Congrats Will and Ty. That's some fine shootin' young man!

Comment

Way to go, Ty. Great weekend of hunting!!!

Comment

Congrats on the first kill with the bow.

Comment

Way to go Ty. Uncle Mark is proud of you too. Tanner said to tell you thats cool and hes going to kill something too. Congrats, seer all that bow shootin paid off...

Comment

Working...
                              X