Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All the shared wisdom of the great TBH sausage makers was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the shared wisdom of the great TBH sausage makers was...

...wiped out with our loss of the archive database. I remember all the great threads on making sausage, e.g. Howard, and am saddened that all that shared information went up in a puff of smoke.

I'm ready to take my first swag at making venison sausage and need:
    1. Advice
    2. Recipes
    3. Pictures

Let's get the archive built back up by starting with this thread

Thanks all.

Jordan

Pretty please

Comment

Only suggestion I got is grind the meat more finely than most do for sausage. My neighbor made me some sausage out of the doe and hog I killed a few weeks ago and ground his meat unusually thin. It is the best sausage I ever ate, granted I have never had any of Howards famous sausage

Comment

Look here: http://www.wwf5.com/stuffers.com/wec...e_recipes.html

You need Adobe to see it, but there are 138 pages of sausage recipes. It will blow your mind. I don't know if they have Howard's in there

If you can't get it to open, let me know, I'll email it to you.

I made the hot italian a few weeks ago, 50/50 venison/pork butt, and it was outstanding. I have another recipe for a grilling sausage that is some of the best sausage I have ever eaten, but it is a huge hassle to make. If you really want to spend a couple days making sausage, I'll give it to you, but it is a PITA.
        Last edited by TXJon; 10-30-2006, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ny bowhunter View Post
          ...wiped out with our loss of the archive database. I remember all the great threads on making sausage, e.g. Howard, and am saddened that all that shared information went up in a puff of smoke.
          This was the exact same thing I thought of when I read that the old threads were gone for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was some dang good info in those old threads!!!

Comment

I was coached on that (those?) threads before the TBH crash of 06. I ground 40# of blacktail venison with 18# of pork butt (shoulder, which is fatty). We did 4 batches, so in each we'd throw in some venison, then some pork, etc.

I mixed in mild sausage spice mix, then did some as-is (mild), some with red pepper (hot), some with habernero pepper/cheese, and some with julienned (course chop in the bottle) sundried tomatoes in olive oil. Brought them to my son for this 21st birthday in college and no complaints yet!

Comment

Thanks!

TXJon, that pdf file is amazing!

Comment

Working...
              X