potato soup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

potato soup?

anyone got a good quick and easy creamy potato soup recipe?

Potatos,Milk,Onions a little water and simmer.

Comment

thanks...

Comment

Here's one for you:

2C diced potatoes
        1C onions sliced

Cover with water & cook until tender

Mix in a blender or quart Mason jar:

1 large can evaporated milk
        3/4C flour
        1 1/4 teaspoon salt
        pepper to taste

Blend & pour over hot potatoes, stir and add 1 cube of butter or margarine. heat & stir until soup thickens. ( don't let it scorch & stick) If soup is too thick, add a small amout of milk until you reach the consistancy you like.

Not low fat but it is really good!

Garry

Comment

tx_dropem thanks for the thread.

It brought a smile to my face due to the memory of many years of hunting with my Dad and my Uncle. My uncle is no longer with us. They started taking me and my brothers and cousins deer hunting in 1961 when I was 7 yrs old. Always on the menu was potato soup. My Uncle could cook up a mean batch of potato soup. We all hunted together until 1982 when adulthood, careers, distance, etc. for the above mentioned kids caused a break up of this long standing hunting group. We had potato soup through that last year. I still occasionally make it too.

Sounds like you have gotten some good recipes given to you. If they haven't been posted in the recipe section, they should be.

Thanks again for the topic.

Comment

I like to saute my onions in butter for a bit, before adding anything else.

Comment

Texhunter, theres nothing like coming in from a long cold hunt with some hot potato soup to warm you up, i was gonna post in the recipe section but i know this section is viewed more had a better chance for gettin one. Once again thanks for the recipes. btw texhunter i hunt just thourgh the woods from ya over in new baden prolly bout 30min drive.

Comment

If you're at New Baden you may not be far from me next year. I'm looking at some property between OSR and Franklin, can't remember the road but it's closer than I am now in North Zulch.

You're right about them cold days and potato soup!

Comment

You guys ever eat a hamburger at the old store there in New Baden? It's to die for!!!

Comment

Texhunter are u talking about fm1940 if so then you would be about 10 mins from me. There is some really good deer in the area, im currently chasing a 125-130 class buck that seems to be getting the best of me at the moment.

berandel
                    R u refering to the lil general store that has the holes in the floor and screen doors other wise known as the only store in the town..if so then yes i have and they are good as burger can get!!!! i totally agree btw how is the winch?
                    Last edited by tx_dropem; 10-29-2006, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X