Opinion Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion Needed

What is the thought on the silver thread clothes for scent elemination.

New to me?? Never heard of it.

Not trying to hijack, but what is the story of your profile pic.

Comment

Never heard of it either.

Comment

Cabelas sells it as x-static and there is several other names. It does not have to be activated. This is a fire we fought this year. It was a huge log house.

Comment

Buy the x-scent socks. Put one on your right foot. Put a regular cotton sock on your left foot. Wear them both for about five days. Take them off and smell each sock. If you're not convinced, it only cost you $12.99 to find out and you still have a pair of green socks.

Comment

Snakelover, do you use this stuff?

Comment

Silver inhibits bacterial growth. The theory is, I suppose, that the silver thread (or other treatment) will inhibit bacterial growth on your body, therefore inhibiting the the production of gases that the bacteria produce.

I would guess that it helps some, but it doesn't replace the need to mind the wind and to keep yourself and gear as odor free as possible by staying clean.

Comment

Yes. I like it. It's very, very comfortable. And I do believe it works very well. Due to the nature of how it works, it only makes sense to wear it as the layer next to your skin. I wear the dark green headcover and base layer long sleeve shirt inside my pop-up blinds. Although the interior of the blind is black, the dark green blends in well since you're in shadow. I especially like the headcover. It's the most comfortable "face mask" I've ever used. I've got some of the camo shirts too. They're good for wearing as warm weather camo. Either the base layer or camo can be used as a base layer under other camo for cooler weather. But the dark green base layer items are softer and more comfortable than the camo items. The socks are great. The base layer pant is like long underwear and I only wear it in cooler weather. I generally wear ScentLok pants. In cooler weather, I'll wear a ScentLok shirt over the X-scent. But if I'm only going with one layer, I'll choose the X-Scent instead of the ScentLok. You can order X-Scent online here....

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                  New to me?? Never heard of it.

Not trying to hijack, but what is the story of your profile pic.

Comment

Thanks for the info Snakelover.

Comment

I agree with what ZZ Pops said. I shower before every hunt with scent-free anti-bacterial soap. I wash all my clothing, including the X-scent in Sport Wash and store it in air-tight roll-top bags anytime I'm not hunting. I brush my teeth first with Crest vanilla toothpaste and then with baking soda. I scrape my tongue with a stainless steel tongue scraper. (A lot of people don't realize that he tongue is teaming with odor causing bacteria even after you've brushed your teeth.) I wear rubber bottomed boots that never leave the lease. You really can't be too careful when it comes to being scent free. I don't pay too much attention to the wind, though. It's generally impossible to know where a deer will come from anyway. By being scent free, I can usually even sit directly upwind from the feeder and still not have them smell me. Oh, one other thing... I've recently become aware of the odor of leather watch bands and replaced mine with rubber. If you wear a leather watch band, take it off and smell the back side of the band sometime!

Comment

I do about all the same stuff but looking for that little bit more. Just don't want to waist my $.

Comment

Working...
                        X