Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 in McMullen County

Comment

I have seen them three times in Grayson county on hagerman wildlife refuge. Two of the three were this last weekend. Saturday morning before daylight at about thirty yards and again sunday evening at 5:30 p.m. ( I'm assuming the same cat about 200 yards from the first sighting ) when it chased a giant ten point under my stand at ten yards. I didnt realize the cat was chasing the buck until I made 2 bleats in an attempt to stop the buck, when it didn't work, I spun to get on what I thought was a second deer , the cat stopped ten yards from my stand and I had to talk crazy to it to get it to leave. If you have a hunt on hagerman on the last segment I can provide aerial photos of exactly where I saw the cat both times. The deer were spooked all weekekend which I assumed was because of the hunters, but now I think it's more due to the cat. I didn't report the second encounter with the cat because the first two times I did, I got the typical response of denial or cover up that wildlife officials are famous for when it comes to the "big cat". but keep this in mind, they are not always as afraid of you as we have been told. While both times the cat backed off, it did so slowly and did not seem as afraid as I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
        ok, lots of sightings as shown here. I guess I am going to be the skeptic in the group and ask really how many are true sightings? seriously, they are rare of all rare things to see. How many sightings are actually bobcats, coyotes, fox, or just a plain labrador retriever gone wilde or a house cat quickly crossing the road at 300yds??? some counties I have no doubt , but some counties???
        Well if we are now counting house cats. I have a huge black one under my stand last weekend in Young Co.. I know that seeing them is a rare thing but you can also ask how many more people have seen them and just blew it off as "I know I didnt just see that." People that spend time in the woods seem to see more cool things then people that dont.

Comment

Palo Pinto 2007
          Fisher 2009

Comment

Ive seen one in Hays County and have seen pics of 2 more there. There was also a young one killed in Polk County by hog dogs when I was in school there. I know the person who owned the dogs and have seen the pics.

Comment

saw one in Cherokee County about 10 years ago.

Comment

Never saw one but my neighbor saw two on my place in Nacogdoches county a couple weeks ago. I was wondering why the deer quit coming to my feeder.

Comment

2 years ago on the mendiola ranch in webb county,while javilina hunting, 4 guys saw one cross a sendero......

Comment

Comal Co. Last year

Comment

Grayson County - Neighbors Great Pyrenees had a big fight with one 3 years ago. Vet said the fang marks on the dogs butt where 3" apart. Vet said that was one big cat. They had a couple of sheep killed before they got the dog.

Grayson County this year. Wife was behind me about 40 yards on our creek. I must have spooked it or woken it as it ran past her. She hollered to me that she just saw a bobcat. (she's not very countryfried yet). She said that it had a really long tail. I stopped in my tracks and said what color was it? She said kind of brown. I said "that's not a bobcat it's a mountain lion". Long pause and she says "do you have your gun" and I hollered back "NO, is it staring at you?" She was soon at my side. I have pics of the tracks and she looked it up on the internet and said that is what it was. Wished I had seen it. Looking for it now to get with my bow.

1999 Pearsall - One ran into the middle of the road chasing 3 deer. Was the biggest thing I had ever seen. Stopped and looked at us for a bit and then turned and ran off. Rancher called to get dogs and they were off doing something else. Wish we had been able to run it. There is no mistaking a full grown Mountain Lion. It was huge and you don't want to meet one early in the morning walking to a stand.

Comment

A female and two juvenile cubs were seen outside of Grandview in Johnson county about three years ago crossing a county road. And one was seen in south west Johnson County at my lease last year by one of the oil filed guys on the service road.

Comment

black one seen early 80's Llano (middle of pasture in the middle of the day)
                          X2 89 Duval probably same cat

Comment

Have pics on TC of one hauling off a nice 8 point buck this last sept. in comanche county.

My dad has seen the one that hangs around in denton county. Around lake grapevine.

-Matt

Comment

some big cats

Comment

Colorado County

1 sighting

Comment

Working...
                                X