No announcement yet.

Mountain Lion Sightings......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use to hunt just west of Sheridan and we use to see a lot of awful big cat tracks on our lease. I know I have never seen bobcats big enough to make tracks that big, never saw the cat just the tracks. That was about thirty years ago. Our lease was about 3 miles off the main road so it would be a good place for them to hang..

Comment

Chambers and Real county's

Comment

Wharton,Jackson,Victoria,Nueces,Jim Hogg.

Comment

ratterrier- thanks for the info. I hunt McMullen Co. and we have both sides of the nueces river for about 3 to 4 miles. I had no idea that there were that many killed in a year around there??? I have always thought they could be there but havent seen one on this piece of property yet. I did see one in Freer about 20 yrs ago. at least I think I did. My point is that even I am not 100% sure that I truly saw a lion. It might be that I was not expecting it and couldn't believe my own eyes.....

Comment

Originally posted by gwaldrop59 View Post
            Saw one in a bar in Keller, or maybe it was a cougar.
            Probably migrated over there from Wilhoites in Grapevine.

Comment

I saw one in Live Oak county back in the late 90's. My grandfather killed a couple on the same lease.

Comment

mountain loin

Saw one one night cross the road about 15yrs ago in Cass co. near Lodi. My Wife saw it and another couple riding with us.

Comment

Saw one in Robertson co. two weeks ago.

Comment

i hear the gilbert woods in jefferson county has a few.

Comment

seen one in Runnels county atleast once a year for the last three years.

Comment

There was one killed outside of Strawn,tx in Palo Pinto county a few years ago because my husband mounted it in his taxidermy shop when he still had it.

Comment

Originally posted by 14shooter View Post
                          Saw one in Robertson co. two weeks ago.
                          The wife and i also seen one in Robertson County about 3 years ago while sitting on stand by the time i saw it i had no chance at a shot.

Comment

robertson county.

Comment

Twice in Nolan county.

Comment

Lampassas co.,cedarrock ranch , 2007 . My wife was deer hunting and saw an aduly doe fend off the cat from about 10 deer feeding at the time. Scared my wife so bad she couldnt shoot. My son was hunting a stand at the same time and saw the cat jump the fence and couldnt get a shot. Come to find out we have a whole family of cats living on horse thief mountain right behind my place. Have tried calling them in many times with no luck. The state has a hotline you can call to report cat sightings.

Comment

Working...
                                X