No announcement yet.

Mountain Lion Sightings......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw one in Smith, Co. (Noonday, TX) in the early 90's. I had seen its tracks about two months before we actually saw the cat.

Comment

I saw one inside the fenced in area of DFW airport while driving on 360/121 back in the late 90's. I made sure the wife saw it too just to make sure I wasn't going Crazy. It was walking along the fence in the middle of the day. The only other ones I have seen were in FL.
      Been seeing tracks on an area I get to hunt occasionally just outside of Abeline. I think that one travels through that area about 2 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
        While out on the Hotter 'n' Hell Hunt this past weekend, I saw one at about 7:30 on Saturday morning. I had walked to the very top of the mountain behind where Thompson's house is, and I saw an adolescent sized mountain lion there at 30yds.

It was probably as scared of me as I was of it! It was roar-hissing at me every 8 seconds or so, and I eventually got it to leave by throwing rocks and yelling at it. If it had taken two steps toward me I would have drilled it with an arrow (I didn't even have my pistol on me at the time), but since it didn't it fell within my ethic of not killing something unless I'm eating it or to save my own skin.

Overall, a truly unforgettable experience!
        Dude! 30 yards and you could have taken it with a bow!!!! Ever heard of Mountain Lion steaks? Supposedly delicious

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
          Dude! 30 yards and you could have taken it with a bow!!!! Ever heard of Mountain Lion steaks? Supposedly delicious
          Well, if one ever threatens me, or if I'm somewhere where they cause serious problems with the landowner (this was the first sighting at Thompson Temple ranch since Thompson bought the place in 1981 he said, and he said he has around 800 hunters per year come through there), then I guess I'll be finding out what lion steaks taste like! As well as the taxidermy of course. But otherwise, I'l happy to leave them be and appreciate their amazing beauty while leaving them in one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
            Well, if one ever threatens me, or if I'm somewhere where they cause serious problems with the landowner (this was the first sighting at Thompson Temple ranch since Thompson bought the place in 1981 he said, and he said he has around 800 hunters per year come through there), then I guess I'll be finding out what lion steaks taste like! As well as the taxidermy of course. But otherwise, I'l happy to leave them be and appreciate their amazing beauty while leaving them in one piece.
            Fair enough brotha! Exciting none the least

Comment

Sighting in Coryell County this spring. Tracks found and confirmed by official state trapper.

Comment

What is this?

Not saying it is or it isn't, but I darn sure wish I would have taken the time to whack a little goatweed!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	24220245

Comment

I saw one in Ft. Davis, Tx about 3 years ago. Only one I've ever seen in the wild. Very cool experience.

Comment

Saw one about 8 years ago in Aguilares (Webb County). Uncle saw one too times, my buddy saw one cross the sendero last year, and my dad saw one a couple weeks ago. Al on the same ranch

Comment

Originally posted by HNT ETX View Post
                      Not saying it is or it isn't, but I darn sure wish I would have taken the time to whack a little goatweed!!!

[ATTACH]517992[/ATTACH]
                      That there is a kitty! Black tip on the tail.

County has already been mentioned but 2 sightings in Jack County back in 03-04.

Comment

One in Hidalgo & one in Duval.
                        Oh yeah, one in Real County, at Garner State Park. He was about half way up Old Baldy, pacing back & fourth on a rock ledge. That was probably back in 1977.
                        Last edited by El Viejo; 07-16-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

One in Hay Co. on Wonder World Dr. last season

Comment

A couple of weeks ago in limestone county filling feeders she came out and watched us from about 200 yard my girlfriend said i am not going hunting with you anymore lmao

Comment

saw one in 2012 in Palo Pinto County

Comment

Caught one south of fort Stockton bout 3 years ago it was awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X