No announcement yet.

Mountain Lion Sightings......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found tracks on our place last year of two separate cats. MIL has seen two crossing the road this year. We're between San Marcos and Wimberley in Hays Co. Heard a few screams over the years.

Comment

1. saw one in newton county late one evening in 2006
      2. saw one in jefferson county one evening between nome and sour lake in 2007
      3. returned to where we dumped a deer carcass 2 days later and found it 15ft up a tree in nacogdoches....never saw an animal but im pretty sure that carcass didn't climb the tree on its own

Comment

Kinney county and in la salle in 06

Comment

Multiple sightings in Milam county. My neighbor has one on his trail cam from last year, around Rockdale.
          We had a place north of Cameron, on Walkers creek. Back in the mid 70's I saw a black one on our coastal patch one evening. Yes, black.

Comment

Webb County two different times
            Kleberg County, Kingsville out by airport
            Maverick County, few miles out of Eagle Pass

Comment

One was spotted in frisco

Comment

One seen two weeks ago below PK dam on south side of river on BRA property.

Comment

a co-worker told me the neighbor rancher killed a "Black Panther" across the fence from his stand. I told him to tell him to get some pics as that is a rare. There are no documented sightings of "Black Panthers" in North America according to TP&W website. Then another co-worker said he killed 2 when he was 16 or so! I said where's the pics???

Comment

My buddy shot one momma and three babys in jack co. Last year.

Comment

We have seen them all over our East Texas lease in the middle of the day and on game cameras. I had one growl at me a little over a month ago while walking down the main road of the lease...it couldn't have been 15 yards away. Many people have called BS.

Last week I was sitting in my bow stand and I kept hearing movement directly behind me. I couldn't see anything but walked back there after exiting my stand. The ground was muddy and there were no deer tracks anywhere. However, there were multiple fresh tracks...

Comment

Thats a lil too close for comfort there. Cat seems to be getting pretty comfortable with humans and that can't be good.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiebowhunter View Post
                          Thats a lil too close for comfort there. Cat seems to be getting pretty comfortable with humans and that can't be good.
                          I hope they are getting comfortable with me...maybe one of them will present a shot. I am going to start actively hunting them. In fact, I am going out again on Tuesday for another week. I have been hanging meat and chickens in a specific tree every week and every time I go back it has been ripped down. Hopefully this rain will make the ground soft enough to show tracks. I want to make sure I am not just feeding a bobcat!

I assume that the pictured track is from one of the smaller cats that we have seen. I have found tracks the size of my hand.

Comment

My inlaws saw one on their ranch in Jim Wells County.

Comment

Saw one in collinsworth in 96

Comment

Hunt County....Had one scream at me standing at the corner of my house in 1982...tracks were in the dust the next morning. Saw one in 1983 at the corner of Hwy 1565 and I-30. Have seen several tracks in the snow and mud during the years.

SNAKEHUNTER

Comment

Working...
                                X