No announcement yet.

Last chance kansas hunt--semi live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck to you rebelbow in bagging a big one!
    Last edited by Roscoe; 11-19-2009, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Stay after them. Weather should be good. We put out over 2000lbs of corn. 5 days before we got there and it was virtually gone by the time we left 10 days later. This year it saved the hunt I think, especially with the warm weather. Keep the does around and the bucks will come.

Comment

Good Luck and keep us posted

Comment

morning hunt very slow. 2 small bucks sighted but no visited the corn. weather very weird for kansas,---- still! lol what little wind i had was coming out of the ene. gonna try a different stand for the eve. hunt

Comment

Last week when I was up there I saw 90% of my deer before 8am and after 5 pm. Hunted four days sun-up till sun down never leaving my DB. Little daytime movement made it tough.

Comment

that was a monster!!!!

Comment

moved to a different stand this afternoon. at 1630 saw a big bodied buck walking the tree line across the creek from me . deer disappeared into the timber so i started working the grunt call. after about 3 min i saw antlers moving my way. 140 class 9 pt drifted to my left ,still coming to me,but trying to get down wind.stepped into the open at 45 yds,dead down wind and started sniffing . drew my bow but could not clear the tree for a good shot so ended up letting down. deer turned and walked off without another chance for a shot. major let down! with only 2 1/2 days left,starting to look like tag soup! weather calling for wind change tomorrow so time for new strategy. til tomorrow good nite.

Comment

This morning started out very slow. Above normal temps and no wind had early deer movement shut down. Around 0830 a 3 pt ran a doe thru from the south and a 4 pt followed around 0930. Decided that i would get out of the stand at 01030 to start taking down some of my stands.At 1035 saw a flash of brown coming from the north,a doe being chased by a mature looking 8 pt that i've seen a few times this season. With only one day left to hunt ,i decided to take him if i got the chance. The doe lead him on a merry chase around my stand for several minutes, at times passing within 10 ft of my tree but never stopping for a shot. Once she stopped at 30 yds and actually let the buck breed her. First time i've ever seen that in the wild! She finally lead the buck pass me at 20 yds and i was able to make a good shot . The buck made it 30 yds and piled up. Not one of the monsters i've pursued the last month,but he will do for a "last chance" buck. Really have enjoyed kansas this year,saw many quality bucks and some true giants. Will try for a doe in the morning then i"ll pack up my stands for the ride home.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck. At least he died happy. Still has a contented look on his face.

Comment

Great job. Sounds like a memorable hunt

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Good job

Comment

Was able to try to fill my doe tag in between taking down stands and loading up. It was not mean't to be ,so the sun sets on another Kansas adventure. Had a great time and i'm ready for next year! in two weeks i'll be heading to southwestern Oklahoma but with limited cell coverage doubt there will be any live updates.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X