Missed opportunity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed opportunity!

I missed an opportunity at one of the biggest bucks I’ve ever seen here on my place in Madison Cty. this morning. I was going to take a 3 year old 5 pt cull this morning but he never got broadside or quartering away. Glad he didn't. I had the video ready and was already planning the cut aways!

The neighbors horses got my male cocker spaniel going on a barking rant and while the younger bucks will listen to it, this buck would not. First sign of danger, he’s gone and the way he left I knew he wasn’t coming back this morning. Look at the picture of one of his tracks leaving. We even found a track in the hard area of the road covered by grass. I have video of him but it doesn’t really show how impressive he is. My son in law got to see him in person though cause when I was coming into the house he was in the pasture across the road. He was impressed with the live version! Will be hitting it hard the rest of the weekend!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PA284658 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	24716591

You take your dog with you deerhunting?

Comment

Good luck getting back on him.

Comment

Berandel, this particular stand is 120 yds from my house!

Will be back out by 3:30 this afternoon.

Comment

Good Luck, Bill.

Comment

Oh, I see...now that must be nice to be able to hunt whenever you want to (assuming you can keep your dog quiet ). LOL

Heck, I have to drive 6 hours to my lease. I can hunt around here if I want to just sit in a stand and stare at the trees and feeder! Ha.

Comment

Sweet! They are really moving up there right now. I wish I could get up there for a hunt this weekend but it's pretty much a no go. I sure hope that buck comes back in front of you! He sounds like a good one! Good luck!

Comment

Alright, let's hear the story!

Comment

It would be a story if I told it. Blanked yesterday evening and this morning.

Comment

Keep us posted on this big boy!

Comment

Good luck getting another crack at him.

Comment

good luck with getin him

Comment

Working...
                        X