illegal buck at hagerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daveally View Post
    You resurrect a post that's almost 3 months old just to give Cuz a hard time? I can't wait until hunting season starts back up!
    Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
      what is the difference in a buck that is too small or a black bass that is too small? If it is illegal, you should expect to be fined. AR's have definately increased the numbers and quality of whitetail buck in the state. We aint gotta like em, but rules are rules.

get caught with a under sized speckled trout, you think the game warden in gonna give you a warning?
      Amen Brother!

Comment

thats wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
          I was in the room when a young man asked the GW what would he do if the deer measured 12 7/8" and the reply was "the rule is 13". I think that's about a good an answer as you could give. He did say if it was an honest mistakes and the guy was upfront, it would be taken into consideration.
          I heard the same conversation. I will add that he also said that the first year of AR he was a little more understanding/lenient on hunters he checked. He also stated, where do you draw the line if you do flex? 1/8", 1/4", 3/8". The GW did not come up with the law he is just there to enforce them.

I figure if you mess up and the GW lets you slide you better make sure that there is no doubt the second time he checks a deer you killed.

Comment

Honest mistakes happen. The buck I killed this year was barely over 13, though I had him judged closer to 15. (I shot him because he was 5 1/2 and probly wouldn't score 110) All I'm sayin' is, maybe he had small ears......

Comment

what is the difference in a buck that is too small or a black bass that is too small? If it is illegal, you should expect to be fined. AR's have definately increased the numbers and quality of whitetail buck in the state. We aint gotta like em, but rules are rules.

There are plenty of differences, you can't choose what size bass you are catching, but you can choose what size buck to shoot. You can measure a fish and throw it back, you can't throw a buck back who's lungs are spread all over a field.

Originally Posted by skeeter

get caught with a under sized speckled trout, you think the game warden in gonna give you a warning?

Comment

Originally posted by rumbanator View Post
                There are plenty of differences, you can't choose what size bass you are catching, but you can choose what size buck to shoot. You can measure a fish and throw it back, you can't throw a buck back who's lungs are spread all over a field.

Originally Posted by skeeter

I'm sorry. I guess I should have said, "what is the difference in having an undersized black bass in your possession?"

Just follow the rules and you dont have to worry about loop holes or how lenient the GW will be when you break the law.

and you are correct, you cant choose the size fish you catch. but you can choose/ not choose to pull the trigger. if there is any doubt, dont shoot.
                Last edited by skeeter; 02-23-2010, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X