Let's Talk About Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Talk About Sights

I've been using a pendulum sight for a few years, now. I like the fact that if you're at least 20 feet up, there's no guessing the distance from 0-30 yards - you just put it on 'em. Any time I mention it to someone, they act like they've never heard of one. Is it really not that common of a thing? If you've used both, which do you prefer between pendulum and pin sights and why?

TS, when I was hunting tripod stands all the time, I used a pendulum sight. You are right. It is great from up high. I now hunt mostly S texas and ground blinds, so I have gone to a single pin HHA sight. It all depends on where you are hunting. If you are hunting around Palestine in the tripods, ladder stands, or chain on stands, I would think the pendelum sight would be good for you..JMHO.

Good Luck

Comment

Do pendelum sights really work that well? Always wanted to try one but been leary.

Comment

Mine have always been on. You sight 'em in at 20 on the ground, and they're on. I was just wondering since it seems not many people use them, if I was missing something.

Comment

Which one in particular do you use?

Comment

I used to use a Savage pendulum. Not entirely sure it made a difference, not sure that it didn't either. Bottom line though, at the time, it made my confidence level soar as I was having a lot of trouble before that. In my estimation at the time, height had much to do with shots that were consistently too high.

Was too green at the time though to know exactly why things improved...but they did...

Comment

Ive never tried a pendulum, but I really like my RT900 Extreme.

Comment

I shot a buck once using a pendulum. They work, but I hated switching sights from ground to air. I shoot an Impact archery 1 pin adjustable right now and like it so far.

Comment

I've used pendulums for years and currently shoot and Extreme and VBG pro-slide single pin slider .
                  If I was only going to hunt from trees on flat land the pendulum would get my vote, throw in some distance and hills and that is where it loses ground to the other options.

Comment

beeman blackmax

i want to try spot hog

Comment

i like the trophy ridge five pin

Comment

Trophy Ridge Rhino 5 pin for me too.

Comment

I love my Spot-Hogg Real Deal sight! It is by far the best sight I have ever used.

Comment

Working...
                          X