Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's lame if he would have wrote a fine

Comment

Was the county that the deer was taken one of the new counties or an existing one to the AR. Several years ago when they 1st started in Lampasas the GW check our lease and there were several that were not 13. But he just said to be more careful next time

Comment

I let an 8 pt walk last night cause I wasn't sure. Had him in front of me for over 20 minutes and I still couldn't convince myself that he was for sure, 13". 2 yr old deer. It was in Montague Co. Small place where I pick up meat for German Sausage. With the AR's..... I may not make much German Sausage this year!

There was a legal spike w/him along w/a 4 pt but the spike was waaaaaay too small. Course, he might have made a ring or two of sausage! lol.

Comment

Thats good that no one got ticketed .

Comment

Glad the GW ended up giving them a warning. I could not see giving a ticket to a youth for a 1/4"

Comment

technically 12.75 rounds to 13 if the legal limit is expressed as a whole #. Just kidding. the game warden wouldn't buy this rationale. Lesson learned when it is too close to be sure then best not to shoot.

Comment

This is where I have issues with Antler Restrictions. How do you tell a kid that No you cannot shoot that buck, he is not big enough...
                It seems they are taking the sport out of hunting...
                JMO

Comment

come on...really?? 2 hours and a head to toe search for a kid under 1/4"

my gw buddy would be hot over this...

how many of you in this type of situation are gonna leave a deer lying for 1/4"?? Sorry, but this story stinks. Glad there were no citations but I'm not a fan of this rule.

Comment

i wonder what the game warden would do if the deer was illegal and the kid who shot it was under the age of 10.

Comment

The same way as when you are teaching them to drive and go the speed limit...instead of, oh it's ok to go 9mph over the limit. It's the law and it's teaching them to make the right decision, not taking anything away from them.

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
                      This is where I have issues with Antler Restrictions. How do you tell a kid that No you cannot shoot that buck, he is not big enough...
                      It seems they are taking the sport out of hunting...
                      JMO
                      Last edited by jbitt4x4; 11-02-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                        The same way as when you are teaching them to drive and go the speed limit...instead of, oh it's ok to go 9mph over the limit. It's the law and it's teaching them to make the right decision, not taking anything away from them.
                        X2

Comment

I can't ever get the deer to stand still long enough to measure if its 12 3/4 or 13......dang uncooperative deer

Comment

glad the kid didnt get a ticket for it...im sure buck fever took over and blurred his thinkin..i know it would have happened to me when i was a youth hunter...hope he learns his lesson but really glad the GW acted with rational thinking

Comment

Originally posted by texag87 View Post
                              I can't ever get the deer to stand still long enough to measure if its 12 3/4 or 13......dang uncooperative deer
                              lol..ive been havin the same prob.....seriously tho i had to pass on the 1 deer ive seen all yr because i only had a side look at him

Comment

hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X