Cuddeback NoFlash Infrared Camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuddeback NoFlash Infrared Camera?

We are looking to purchase 2 of these cameras? We are wondering how you all feel about 'em. We have heard mixed reviews. If we spend that much money, we want to see lots of pics.

If you like them, buy them and if you get a bad one, send it back. I thought about buying one, but with the reviews I've read, I'll wait until they get the bugs worked out. At Bass Pro, I can get a stealth IR cam for 179. that's half what I can get the Cudde for. Not worth it just to have pretty daytime pics when the camera may or may not work. One of the guys on the Junco in our group bought two. One worked. The other went back to the factory.

Comment

Mine seems to work just fine so far but I'll just go ahead and say that the case sucks. It is a pain with the battery compartment and all not to mention you can't get a lock on it unless a) you're a contortionist and b) the tree is perfectly straight. Mine just went through it's first real rain last week and the lenses over he cameras and the IR light array fogged up so bad that I probably had 30 pics & videos that you could not even see. If they can get the bugs worked out of it, it will definitely be a great cam, but right now.....let's just say I could have picked one up the other day in Cabelas bargain cave for about $350 and I passed it up. And this is after paying full price for the 1st one.

Go to www.chasingame.com and you can read of all the issues for yourself.
      Last edited by Mike D; 10-26-2006, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Wow, too many bugs!

Sounds like they are still needing to do some work. I don't know how he is going to take the news.....thank you for the feedback!

Comment

Could really use some more feedback to help with our decision. Thank you!!! You know, Xmas is coming fast......I need you all to helm me!

Comment

We have one and have had very good luck with it. So far so good for me. My buddy has one and he has replaced it at Gander as the first one had problems switching from day to night (color to B/W). His second worked good for a while but is acting up again.

Comment

I bought the Stealth Cam IR 2.0 from Bass Pro last week for $179 and
              I'm real pleased with it. I programmed it myself in about 15 minutes, so it
              must be easy. I really like the time and date feature which will make hog killing easier. It took 75 pics in 36 hrs. and we only had 4 or 5 with no animals on them.

Comment

I just bought the stealth cam IR 2.0 also. Its out now doing its thing. I'll pick it up next week. It has a 12v plug jack at bottom for external battery pack. They sell one for $40 with a ac charger. I made one for $30 with a DC solar panel.

Comment

A friend of mine,bought one,didnt work took it back to cabela's,exchanged it for another that didn;t work,exchjanged that one ,the third one he set out ,picked it up from his lease was headed home and the thing started smoking and darn near caught fire in the back seat of his pickup
                  He returned it and bought 3 moultries and said they work great
                  I dont remember what model moultrie,but they were around 169 apiece

Comment

Say hunterswidow. what might your name be.

Comment

Well, luv2hunt, I think you know who I am! He he! See you at Fisher Ranch!

Comment

We are using 6 of these right now and have not had a problem with any of them. So far I have had a good experience with them.

Comment

Working...
                        X