ASA Classic in Columbus GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASA Classic in Columbus GA

Who all is going? I know Dreamer1 and I are going with two other TBH'er. Smallcat and Arrowsmith will be there. Anybody else?

I think arrowsmith should have a cookout at his cabin Saturday night.

I will be boarding a plane headed for Oshkosh WI that weekend. So I hope to be escaping the heat. Have a great shoot, and a safe trip for everyone going!! I DO expect some pix after!!

Comment

Julie and I are going

Comment

Originally posted by bow5 View Post
        Julie and I are going
        Good deal.

Glenn,

I am taking my new camera so I will have plenty of pixels to share.

Comment

Not going...ASA has gotten the last dime from me at national shoots until they start enforcing their own rules.

Comment

I do get to fly with these guys, so it is a more than fair trade!!

Spectacular Formati​on Aerobatics!

Comment

The family and I will be leaving out wed. after I get off

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                Not going...ASA has gotten the last dime from me at national shoots until they start enforcing their own rules.
                I take it you had a very bad experience.

Comment

Jake and I will be heading out there with Mo and Jake. We leave Wed. morning when I get off work.

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                    Rule inforcement seems to be a a concern of alot of people from my observations. Nobody wants to be the bad guy but after the shoot they are the first to complain about rule violations. Not to defend anybody but range officals can not enforce what they do not see. A large part of this falls to the participants to bring it to there attention. Also as stated in the ASA rules the task of enforcing many of the rules fall on the backs of the shooters themselves. Making sure arrows a scored before being pulled, taking to much time to shoot, glassing from the stake after the shot, just to name a few. Since most of these first requrie a warning it really becomes a matter of educating the violator rather then "enforcing". If it is repeated then it is something else. Granted many rules are left to the range offical to police. If you had a valid complaint about them not doing this the time to address this would of been at that shoot by means of a protest.

Comment

I am sure Mike and Tracy will make the announcement about a lot of these rules before the state shoot begins. How many range officials will be walking the course during the tournament this weekend?

Now this post is about going to the ASA Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zookeeper View Post
                        Rule inforcement seems to be a a concern of alot of people from my observations. Nobody wants to be the bad guy but after the shoot they are the first to complain about rule violations. Not to defend anybody but range officals can not enforce what they do not see. A large part of this falls to the participants to bring it to there attention. Also as stated in the ASA rules the task of enforcing many of the rules fall on the backs of the shooters themselves. Making sure arrows a scored before being pulled, taking to much time to shoot, glassing from the stake after the shot, just to name a few. Since most of these first requrie a warning it really becomes a matter of educating the violator rather then "enforcing". If it is repeated then it is something else. Granted many rules are left to the range offical to police. If you had a valid complaint about them not doing this the time to address this would of been at that shoot by means of a protest.
                        Oh trust me... he addressed his concerns...

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                          I am sure Mike and Tracy will make the announcement about a lot of these rules before the state shoot begins. How many range officials will be walking the course during the tournament this weekend?

Now this post is about going to the ASA Classic.
                          trust me.... Davik's concerns have nothing to do with the State shoot... or with range officials...

Comment

Timing was not the problem...I shot K45 in Metropolis...and 3 of the top places were won by PROS...at least two NFAA pro shooters entered the k45 class and won money...a protest was filed, and the "officials" blew it off, saying "Nobody complained when these guys weren't winning, so now that they are, people are complaining" the ASA rule states that if you are a PRO in any other archery venue, you MUST shoot in that appropriate class in ASA...which would have been the K50. Now, I'm not sour grapes here, I wouldn't have placed anyways...it's just that they are supposed to enforce the rules for everyone...not just the select few. I don't mind shooting with pros, but just let a pro try to shoot in your class and see the reaction from the other shooters. IF they straighten out the rules for K45 and K50 for next year, I might be back to the national scene, but if not, I'm going to shoot Bow Novice!

Comment

Not state shoot

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
                              trust me.... Davik's concerns have nothing to do with the State shoot... or with range officials...
                              Trust me..Texas is doing their job...and well! Mike polices the ranks and makes sure the rules are followed...I just expected Texas style rules enforcement at the national level and did not get it at all...I will be at the state shoot and all the state qualifiers next year...just not the national stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X