Kill Zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill Zones

I saw a guy one time that had a card with all the kill zones marked for referance is this legal and if so were do you get one.

Why wouldnt it be legal??

Comment

kill zones for what?

Comment

The only book I have seen with kill zones marked on animals was for African game.

And again, why wouldn't it be legal?

If you are just looking for deer, hogs, etc. you can do a search online and find all kinds of anatomy pictures for said critters.

Comment

The target manufacturer was printing them... but I'm thinking the kill zones are changing so much nowadays that they ain't keeping up.. You might find some of the older ones at Lancaster's or one of the other online dealers...

Comment

You can also print your own using On Target 2: Software for Archers, by Pinwheel software.

Last time i looked though, they only had IBO rings on them.

Comment

3d

Thanks for the replies. Didn't mean to cofuse some. This is a 3d forum so I thought it was a givin that a 3d kill zone card bing used during a tourniment was what I was talking about.. Sorry
              Last edited by sharkhunter; 06-27-2009, 09:24 PM. Reason: because I can

Comment

have never seen those. But I have seen the ones with silouettes on them that you hold up and it helps with your yardage.

Comment

they do make cards with the rings on them. They even have clip boards with them. Some shops carry them or look at lancasters or 3d archery.com.

Comment

There are some for the Mckenzie's but have not seen any for the Rinehart, yes they are legal. They do help especially for the darker targets you can't pick out the rings on. I got mine at Eders.com

Comment

I have a set of McKenzie cards that were picked up at Clyde's in Corpus. They work real well when you do use them, for the most part the kill zones are all the same for the various target manufacturers.

Comment

I've seen them, but cant remember who made the ones I saw. If they are used for competition, either everyone should have them or no one should get to use them. Just my opinion.

personally, I wish kill zones on a 3d target were lower like on a live animal. I have always thought 3d kill zones were a little high.

Comment

Working...
                        X