Denton TX 3D Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denton TX 3D Shoot

Denton County Archers is having a 2 day TBOT shoot, Feb. 21 & 22.
    Dentoncountyarchers.com , there is a map on the web site.

Traditional only or open to compounds also?

Comment

This one is traditional only, other shoots during the year will be open. TBoT, Traditional Bowhunters of Texas, should also be a primitive class to shoot.

Comment

is denton ever going to welcome compound shooters again?

Comment

We have several compound shooter members now, more are welcome.
          What are your ideas, we are open to ideas.

Comment

do the compound shooters have a voice in the club, or are they still non-voting members? I really dont have any ideas, just want a place closer to home that welcomes all , and caters to the members regardless of choice of bow.

Comment

If you have time come out to the shoot and meet some of the members and see what you think.

Comment

I shoot both trad. and compound and have never felt unwelcome while shooting either. I don't know about catering, but I have cooked a few burgers for people during the shoots and never turned anybody away

Comment

I also never really felt unwelcomed, but if I am paying full price membership in a club, then I expect to have a vote. The by-laws of the club are written so that compound shooters pay full price, and have no say in the way the club operates. That is what is meant by catering to a group of folks, not bringing them lunch. If the club decides to change back to what is used to be, where all paying members have an equal vote, then I might reconsider.

Comment

See the smiley face, I knew you weren't talking about lunch. I will make an effort to make the next meeting and check into the voting issue for you. I know there has been an effort to encourage more compound shooters, but I don't know it there has been any change/discussion of change about voting.

Comment

If so, they haven't updated their web site.

interesting line about catering to bowhunters, and having great success keeping "pros" away, and 2 paragraphs down it even says that compound shooters are associate members with no voting rights. Then on the membership page, it has the same price, and declares associate members/non-voting rights. It might change back, and knowing how many folks in Denton travel to other clubs to shoot 3D and practice they are kinda silly for having it that way IMO.

Time will tell, and until then some one else will get my membership money.

Comment

I was offering to check into it for you. Sometimes websites aren't updated or as I indicated above to see if it is in the works. I also thought by bringing the subject up it might foster a discussion to see if this really reflects current beliefs.

Comment

I appreciate the offer. Other parts of the site like shoot schedules and notes about changing locks have been updated recently. I am looking forward to hearing what the current beliefs are. Thanks again.

Comment

hey bubinga, any news about the club possibly changing its view towards compound shooters, and letting us have a vote?? Just wondering. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X