Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Brazos County Archery Club Jan. 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Brazos County Archery Club Jan. 21-22

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will kick off the 2017 3D season at Brazos County Archery Club in Bryan on Jan. 21-22.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes and Young Adult classes, $20.00 for all Youth classes, $10.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

If you are in a KNOWN distance class or a 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown class you MUST have a range finder. If you do not have a range finder we will assign you to a group that has a range finder.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Brazos County has a beautiful range that offers a variety of shooting lanes. The terrain, tree canopy, and expert target sets at BCAC will create a challenging 3D event. Don't miss the first shoot of the year at Brazos County !!!

Here is a link to the BCAC website for directions and range information.

And remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

I was wondering if you was going to remember

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mparks View Post
      I was wondering if you was going to remember

I try to always post on the Sunday night before the event. That way the post does not get buried.

When we start having multiple events per weekend it gets too confusing to post an announcement earlier plus its not fair to the "next club" to post a lot of adds in advance.

I have a plan.

There is always a reason.

And.........

Its not my first rodeo son.

We hope to see you this weekend !!

Comment

I know it's not your first rodeo....but you ain't a spring chicken anymore

I'll see ya Sunday!

Comment

[emoji12] I kid

Comment

I'll be there Saturday of weather allows!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought for some reason you guys would not be chrono'ing at all the shoots, or it seems as if you did not last year except for state. How will this be handled this year? Doesn't really matter to me just seemed like some did and some didn't

Comment

Suggestion to speed up the process for Chrono maybe just have top 3 or 4 places chrono after shoot. If one falls outside the lines then you have 1st-3rd and no wait/no line. 99% of us know exactly where we are with this. It could be set out for those that wish to check prior to shooting if they are unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by eholguin13 View Post
                  Suggestion to speed up the process for Chrono maybe just have top 3 or 4 places chrono after shoot. If one falls outside the lines then you have 1st-3rd and no wait/no line. 99% of us know exactly where we are with this. It could be set out for those that wish to check prior to shooting if they are unsure.
                  I like this idea and for some reason that is kinda what I thought was happening. I know some shoots do it and some do not. I would think that unless you are shooting an unknown course there wouldn't be much of an advantage. I do see that going with the top placers would be tough on a two day shoot. I am sure there are people who push the envelope just like with anything else but I agree we (the regular shooters) should have some idea of where their equipment Chrono's at.

Comment

If you take the top 3 from each day it could still possibly work.

Comment

We chronograph at most shoots. The decision to chrono or not is up to the tournament officials.

When Tracy and I run the shoot we chrono unless weather, lighting conditions or chrono mechanical problems prevent it.

Comment

dang I got to turn my bow down, just kidding cant wait for the season to start

Comment

Working...
                        X