2015 Texas ASA Federation Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Texas ASA Federation Schedule

The 2015 Texas ASA Federation schedule is posted on the Texas ASA website. The 2015 homepage has updated information about the upcoming season. www.texasasafederation.com

Comment

Mike I see no mention of senior hunter this year. will there still be that class?
      Thanks Big Daddy

Comment

thanks for all your hard work
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
          Mike I see no mention of senior hunter this year. will there still be that class?
          Thanks Big Daddy
          Yes. Sr. Hunter is here to stay.

Comment

Heck Sr hunters had more than hunter at Paris pro/am if I remember right.

Comment

HELOO Mike you thing i can have a shoot April or July- May FOR Sherwood???I thing i will be ready by then
              Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              Yes. Sr. Hunter is here to stay.

Comment

On ASA, is there a division in which an oly target style rig with movable extended target sight, 20"+ stabilizer rod, and a clicker would fit? If not, what would have to "go away" to be legal, and what division would I fit?

Also, do you have to have screw in tips for arrows?

Comment

Originally posted by Azzurri View Post
                  On ASA, is there a division in which an oly target style rig with movable extended target sight, 20"+ stabilizer rod, and a clicker would fit? If not, what would have to "go away" to be legal, and what division would I fit?

With your current Olympic recurve set up you would have to compete in one of the open classes.

To answer the second part of your question you would need to drop back to traditional class. Here are the traditional rules.

Traditional
                  25 yards, 280 FPS, Unknown

Bow must be either recurve or longbow without wheels or cams. No release aid, no sights, a single stabilizer up to 12” in length measured from the point of attachment, no overdraws, no draw checks, must have one finger touching the arrow nock, and must use one consistent anchor point. No marks on the sight window, string, or bow to use as an aiming or judging reference. All arrows must be identical in size, weight and construction.

Comment

Originally posted by The Greek View Post
                    HELOO Mike you thing i can have a shoot April or July- May FOR Sherwood???I thing i will be ready by then
                    George. Our schedule is full for this year. We can look toward next year for a date.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                      With your current Olympic recurve set up you would have to compete in one of the open classes.

To answer the second part of your question you would need to drop back to traditional class. Here are the traditional rules.

Traditional
                      25 yards, 280 FPS, Unknown

Bow must be either recurve or longbow without wheels or cams. No release aid, no sights, a single stabilizer up to 12” in length measured from the point of attachment, no overdraws, no draw checks, must have one finger touching the arrow nock, and must use one consistent anchor point. No marks on the sight window, string, or bow to use as an aiming or judging reference. All arrows must be identical in size, weight and construction.
                      Couldn't he compete in Unlimited, too, Mike? Do we still have Limited in the non-pros? Either way, I think those are 45 yard classes. Open C might be the way to go, Azzurri

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        Couldn't he compete in Unlimited, too, Mike? Do we still have Limited in the non-pros? Either way, I think those are 45 yard classes. Open C might be the way to go, Azzurri
                        Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post

Tracey. Unlimited is a fixed pin class. He said he has a movable extended target sight. The amateur Limited class has been eliminated at the Pro/Am and state level.

Comment

I am SHOCKED Yes SHOCKED to see that tradional is limited to 280 FPS. So I guess I'm sitting this one out again?
                          Chuck

Comment

What I'm thinking is going to Buffalo (where I'm a member) for both ASA and the outdoor SYWAT this year for a change of pace. Not an elaborate ASA involvement yet, just getting feet wet. Just wanted to shoot my usual setup in a division where it belonged.

I am working primarily on outdoor target competition shooting (like 900 rounds), and can shoot to 40-50 pretty accurately. But I spend most of my time on the practice range and have little experience shooting at hidden or obstructed targets if it's tricky, and wouldn't really be practicing field before shooting it.

My brother does the field course at Buffalo and would like to try 3d. I have a oly rig done fully up, he has a Sage with a rest, plunger, and movable sight (no stab).

I'm basically looking at a common division for us, where we could compete for fun with our usual rigs. Easiest division where we'd be "legal." Whether it would be the big prize winner division wouldn't matter to us, this would be getting our feet wet and letting him try the 3d part of Buffalo.

If we're stuck in with compounds it's ok, it's more about fun than winning.
                            Last edited by Azzurri; 12-15-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzurri View Post
                              What I'm thinking is going to Buffalo (where I'm a member) for both ASA and the outdoor SYWAT this year for a change of pace. Not an elaborate ASA involvement yet, just getting feet wet. Just wanted to shoot my usual setup in a division where it belonged.

I am working primarily on outdoor target competition shooting (like 900 rounds), and can shoot to 40-50 pretty accurately. But I spend most of my time on the practice range and have little experience shooting at hidden or obstructed targets if it's tricky, and wouldn't really be practicing field before shooting it.

My brother does the field course at Buffalo and would like to try 3d. I have a oly rig done fully up, he has a Sage with a rest, plunger, and movable sight (no stab).

I'm basically looking at a common division for us, where we could compete for fun with our usual rigs. Easiest division where we'd be "legal." Whether it would be the big prize winner division wouldn't matter to us, this would be getting our feet wet and letting him try the 3d part of Buffalo.

If we're stuck in with compounds it's ok, it's more about fun than winning.
                              I would recommend Open C class, 40 yard max, all known distance. In ASA 3D there are no obstructed or hidden targets. All scoring rings are unobstructed. Some targets will be slightly quartered away but most targets will be ninety degrees to the shooting stake. And I missed your question about points. There is no rule in ASA concerning points. You can use glue in points or screw in points.

Comment

Working...
                              X