Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas FireFighter Summer Games July 23 ,24.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas FireFighter Summer Games July 23 ,24.

This is a heads up and invitation to all of our Brothers and Sisters on TBH. The Texas Fire Fighter Summer Games will be hosted by the City Of Mansfield this year the third full week in July. The Archery event will be held July 23rd and 24th at CCR. Complete details and event information can be found at http://texasfirefightersummergames.com/.
    Information specific to Archery can be found on our Face book page
    (Texas Fire Fighter Summer Games Archery) or you can E-Mail me at TFFSGA@Yahoo.com
    We hope to see a lot of new faces.
    Until then Stay Safe

Tim Wagner
    TFFSG Coordinator
    Archery
    972-743-9283

Just curious - what's the reasoning for not allowing volunteer firefighters to participate?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
      Just curious - what's the reasoning for not allowing volunteer firefighters to participate?

Good luck getting an answer. I've asked that for years.

Comment

Originally posted by jsuggs View Post
        Good luck getting an answer. I've asked that for years.
        So much for same job same team huh??

Comment

Guys! I am sorry but I do not make the rules.
          Tim Wagner
          event coordinator.

Comment

That doesn't answer the question, Zookeeper... So again, why are volunteers not allowed to participate?

Comment

zookeeper can you explain the DARE shoot that yall are doing. my self and maybe 5-8 other guys are coming from Abilene I hope.

Comment

NH
                The dare format is shot indoors at 20 yds. The targets have the same scoring rings, shape and size as an average 3d target. We will have the all the guide lines available. Of course we reserve the right to change things up .

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo45 View Post
                  That doesn't answer the question, Zookeeper... So again, why are volunteers not allowed to participate?
                  Probably because this event is organized for career firefighters. Im sure there are a bunch of volunteer guys who are into archery that one for them could be organized.
                  I a career firefighter and will be taking my family out to eat tonight. Im not inviting any volunteer guys to go with us. No reason in particular, im just not.
                  I spent years in the volunteer service and have nothing but love and respect for those who do it. I dont think its cool to try and call out a guy on here about why its only for career guys. Cant we all just get along?

Comment

Mongo
                    The best explanation I can give you is. That there is a difference between a paid professional and a volunteer. There is no debating that. The pros and cons could be argued all day. My personal opinion is that is that volunteer departments have been an entry level position for many career FFrs and have a long history of contribution and sacrifice.It is my hope that this policy could change. For a better explanation you can go to http://texasfirefightersummergames.com/ and contact the organization president. I am just then guy trying to run the archery event.
                    Tim Wagner
                    TFFSG Coordinator
                    Archery
                    Last edited by Zookeeper; 05-09-2014, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
                      Probably because this event is organized for career firefighters. Im sure there are a bunch of volunteer guys who are into archery that one for them could be organized.
                      I a career firefighter and will be taking my family out to eat tonight. Im not inviting any volunteer guys to go with us. No reason in particular, im just not.
                      I spent years in the volunteer service and have nothing but love and respect for those who do it. I dont think its cool to try and call out a guy on here about why its only for career guys. Cant we all just get along?
                      Well said.

Comment

I will see you guys there. Always look forward to this event every year. Hopefully some of the Houston guys that hosted last year will make it up here.

Comment

Thank you for your explanation zookeeper. Good luck this year and stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by jljjdye View Post
                            I will see you guys there. Always look forward to this event every year. Hopefully some of the Houston guys that hosted last year will make it up here.
                            Look forward to seeing you there with the rest of the crew.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                              Thank you for your explanation zookeeper. Good luck this year and stay safe.
                              Same to you Jeremy.

Comment

Working...
                              X