unlimited class for asa next year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    Yes. 340 is too fast. You would need to RETUNE not DETUNE your bow to shoot within the speed limits. Bow novice is intended as a starter class, so there is a good place. I suggest you just show up, don't be afraid to admit that you are new to the game, and you will be taken care of.

3D is the one sports community that readily welcomes new comers, and tries very hard to make sure they have a good time and come back for more.
    That sounds like a good time I will definitely check into it. And see about signing up. As far as bows goes I will turn it down to shoot around 285 to have a little room incase my chrono is off a touch. This was very helpful thanks a million, hope to meet some of y'all at an event one day.

Comment

Originally posted by lesson 101 View Post
      That sounds like a good time I will definitely check into it. And see about signing up. As far as bows goes I will turn it down to shoot around 285 to have a little room incase my chrono is off a touch. This was very helpful thanks a million, hope to meet some of y'all at an event one day.
      Welcome to the 3D addiction

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        You equipent can be the same as any open class(long stabilizers) but you have to have a sight with pins, and not a scope.
        I use my huntin bow for 3d's but I shoot a 7.25" stab and a single pin adjustable with no magnifier, would this be considered open? Hunter? Or could I even go unlimited with my current set up and just not move my pin at all?

I'm just curious as after season is over ill be making a few changes to my set up but I gotta piece it together as I go!

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Bowhunter View Post
          I use my huntin bow for 3d's but I shoot a 7.25" stab and a single pin adjustable with no magnifier, would this be considered open? Hunter? Or could I even go unlimited with my current set up and just not move my pin at all?

I'm just curious as after season is over ill be making a few changes to my set up but I gotta piece it together as I go!
          If you move the sight from shot to shot- OPEN CLASS
          if you lock it down on one yardage and aim high and low- BOW NOVICE/HUNTER/UNLIMITED
          just be aware that the shooters in your group will be watching toile sure you don't move your sight.
          Last edited by huntinpool; 12-17-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
            If you move the sight from shot to shot- OPEN CLASS
            if you lock it down on one yardage and aim high and low- BOW NOVICE/HUNTER/UNLIMITED
            just be aware that the shooters in your group will be watching toile sure you don't move your sight.
            I have a tommy hogg and the whole head moves but the pins do not so whats this mean as far as class

Comment

I have a tommy hogg and the whole head moves but the pins do not so whats this mean as far as class
              It means as long as you are not moving the head from target to target then you are fine for hunter or bow novice.

Comment

Awesome thanks for the info!

I'm super pumped for 3d season this year! After my first year tryin it last year I'm fully hooked!

Comment

Well. Made my decision. Shooting Unlimited one more year then going to Open A in '14. Should be a fun competive group this year once again.

Comment

Tommy Hogg is an adjustable sight. To shoot it by setting the dial on your yardage would make it OPEN class. Setting it on a set yardage and aiming high/low with a single pin you could shoot Hunter/Bow Novice.

To use the sight as it is designed would make you shoot Open. There are 3 Open classes to choose from if your just starting. You are allowed magnification and in Hunter as well. Spot Hogg makes a lens and stuff that should fit it if you choose that route.

Comment

You can use it as long as you don't adjust it while out on the range... I have a CBE Moveable that I've used in the hunter class for the last few years.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                        Well. Made my decision. Shooting Unlimited one more year then going to Open A in '14. Should be a fun competive group this year once again.

Just keep moving it back a year Casey! Just make the move

Comment

Originally posted by tracker52 View Post
                          Just keep moving it back a year Casey! Just make the move
                          I'm working on it. Haha

Comment

Working...
                          X