Chester feed back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chester feed back

I know it is a long way to May 18-19, 2013! But I am already planning for Stick Bow 2013. Will be making changes to flyer in next couple of days and getting it ready to mail in Jan. 2013.
    Looking for any suggestions, comments, advice on how we can make this better (or the best) traditional shoot. Hill Country is the best, but I want to be as good.
    Post them here or email be at bdecker@nederland.k12.tx.us
    Thanks in advance
    Thinking of putting buffalo at 45 yards, shooting downhill (steep) be ready.
    Maybe slow the skeeter - NOT!!!!

Hey Bill, I think all the people opening this thread and none responding indicates that the shoot is perfect the way it is. That being said, I would't cry if you did slow that little blood sucker down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BillDecker View Post
      I know it is a long way to May 18-19, 2013! But I am already planning for Stick Bow 2013. Will be making changes to flyer in next couple of days and getting it ready to mail in Jan. 2013.
      Looking for any suggestions, comments, advice on how we can make this better (or the best) traditional shoot. Hill Country is the best, but I want to be as good.
      Post them here or email be at bdecker@nederland.k12.tx.us
      Thanks in advance
      Thinking of putting buffalo at 45 yards, shooting downhill (steep) be ready.
      Maybe slow the skeeter - NOT!!!!
      Buffalo 45! Thats all you got Mr. Bill!

Comment

It's a wonderful shoot and couldn't be much better, unless you could keep the temperatures down a bit

Comment

I think its great like it is bill!! Might see if can make the lunch a little longer, so dont miss it due to being out on course

Comment

Archery supplies

One thing we need is a Traditional Archery Supply dealer. If any are interested is coming, please contact me asap. We have had some in the past and they are a great asset to the shoot. But they go out of bussines or I lose contact with them.

Comment

I don't know how you could make that shoot any better. My only idea is to slow the skeeter down. Or at least give people a 5 for hitting it-anywhere. I don't like that skeeter.

Comment

Bill, the only thing that needs to change is you getting time to shoot the course that you work so hard to put together for us. I'm sure we can get volunteers to handle things and give you time to shoot also. Thank you for all you do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JMenendez View Post
                  Bill, the only thing that needs to change is you getting time to shoot the course that you work so hard to put together for us. I'm sure we can get volunteers to handle things and give you time to shoot also. Thank you for all you do!!!
                  X2! Agreed 100%! I'll hold down the fort while you shoot Mr. Bill just tell them when you start shooting to divert all ?'s to me then I'll divert them to Shana!I'm sure we can have it all messed up by the time you shoot 40 targets.LOL!
                  Last edited by ShaBow; 11-02-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

^Y'all wouldn't mess it up. I bet you'd do a great job.

Comment

This is my favorite shoot of the year. I look forward to it for months. It is perfect the way it is and you are doing a fantastic job of getting it organized.

Wayne

Comment

I miss that skeeter as much as anyone and I say....leave it as it is.....it makes hitting it that much more special.

I also agree with above, I think with a few volunteers, you should be able to shoot. Now, it would be up to you to make it through the course without worrying yourself sick that something might be going wrong!

Come on with that 45yd buffalo.

See ya there! I won't miss this one unless there is a REAL emergency.

Bisch

Comment

Thanks for all the positive feedback. But it is hard to believe no one has something negative that I should address. You can email me or pm. I am looking for those negative ones so that we can grow and be better.
                          Those of you that have helped put on a shoot, know the headaches and snafu's that can occur.
                          Skeeter stays zipping along! Should last 10 more years!
                          There was a time about 8 years ago, I would get a letter (4 or more pages) of suggestions, complaints, etc. At first I was mad, but I then started looking into what they were saying and did realize that we could make changes for the better. Guess we are doing better, cause the letters stopped coming. Or maybe they quit coming. Their loss.

Bisch got you and Bob(2) down in the cabins already.

What we really need is someone who carries archery supplies to come and set up. Someone is always needing nocks, fleathers, arrows, strings, quivers, etc. If you know someone or if you do this, please get in touch with me.

Comment

Bill, please reserve a cabin for Arvin & I.

Comment

I have heard great things about this shoot. Gonna try to make it.

Comment

Working...
                              X