Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

3d sight pin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d sight pin question

Im going to try 3d shoot soon. I am gonna be using my 3 pin sight. Just wondering what yardages you guys set your pins. my top is 20 would you guys do. 20,30,40? Thanks

Depends on your class. Are you shooting Novice-30 yd max? or hunter class-40 yd max?

I shoot hunter class and have 4 pins that I use. I have them set every six yards 22,28,34,40.

If you are going to shoot novice I would use 3 pins and try and get them as close together as possible and see where they are on at.

Hope this helps

Comment

^^^^^ what he said
      bow speed and class yardage are big factors as to how many and spacing.
      Unless you can judge distance to the yard

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
        Depends on your class. Are you shooting Novice-30 yd max? or hunter class-40 yd max?

I shoot hunter class and have 4 pins that I use. I have them set every six yards 22,28,34,40.

If you are going to shoot novice I would use 3 pins and try and get them as close together as possible and see where they are on at.

Hope this helps
        Unless your eyes are as bad as mine. I use 20 30 40 to keep some space in between pins otherwise it looks like a solid vertical line.

Comment

Working...
        X