Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Brownwood Bowhunters April 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Brownwood Bowhunters April 14-15

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will be rolling into Brownwood Bowhunters Archery Club on April 14-15. This will be the site of the 2012 Texas ASA State Championship.

Brownwood will be setting 60 McKenzie targets for this shoot.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced. Speed and equipment will be checked.

Class Changes: For 2012 we will be adding a new Women’s Open B Class (half known / half unknown) and a Young Adult Pins Class.

Known and Unknown Classes for 2012:

• All Known: Men's Known (K50 and K45 combined) Women’s Known 40, Bow Novice, Women’s Bowhunter, Young Adult Pins, Youth Pins. These classes score the high 12 on targets 1-15 and the low 12 on targets 16-30.

• Combination Known and Unknown: Women’s Open B, Youth Boys & Girls, Young Adult, Senior Women’s, Hunter, Open C, Open B, Traditional and Women's Traditional, Senior Eagle, Eagle and Jr. Eagle. These classes score the high 12 on targets 1-15 and the low 12on targets 16-30.

• All Unknown: Men's Unknown (Open A and Semi-Pro combined), Women’s Open, Senior Masters, Super Senior, Senior Open, Limited, Unlimited, and all Pro classes. These classes score the low 12 on all targets.

14-Ring Scoring in 2012: In addition to the Pro Classes, all Eagle classes, Traditional, and all 30-yard classes including the Bow Novice, Young Adult Pins, Women’s Hunter, Youth Pins, Youth Boys and Youth Girls will not be scoring the 14-Ring in competition this year.

Please contact us if you have any questions regarding these changes to these classes for 2012.

If you are in a KNOWN distance class or a 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown class you MUST have a range finder. If you do not have a range finder we will assign you to a group that has a range finder. Yardage sheets will be supplied to shooters that shoot from the Yellow, Green and Orange stakes ONLY.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Brownwood's range features classic Central Texas terrain. They have a mix of Live Oak, Cedar, and Mesquites with shots across ravines and open pasture shots. Brownwood always sets a fun and challenging course.

Here are the GPS coordinates to the range.

31* 38' 13.83" N
    98* 57' 35.62" W

We will see you there !!!!!

And remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.
    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 04-09-2012, 11:27 AM.

May I have to miss this one. Thinking about doing the bow hunter education course this weekend.

Comment

I will definitely make it!

Comment

Is there a map for this shoot? Club website?

Comment

Sunday for us

Comment

Hoping for Sunday as well

Comment

Looks like Sunday for me and maybe the kiddo.

Comment

Sunday for us..

Comment

watching weather, I ain't shooting in the rain. May take the NASP class sat. so sun if it's clear.

Comment

Sunday, car pooling with Glenn I believe.

Comment

Yep. I sent your dad. Pm but I guess he dont like me enough to reply. I will be there one of the S days.

Comment

Sunday for us!

I love shooting at Brownwood!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Corn Slinger View Post
                          Sunday for us!

I love shooting at Brownwood!!!
                          You should, your tore that course up if I remember correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                            You should, your tore that course up if I remember correctly

I dont have days like that very often!!!!

Brownwood is my favorite unless I stink it up this weekend. Lol.

Comment

We will be there on Sunday as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X