Very disappointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very disappointing

Is it just our small town club or is everyone attendance 1/2 at best? Cant figure it out. Dont know if its fuel prices, location, State Qualifiers (which less than 5% of our shooters even know what those are).

Rain last month had 15 shooters, Sunny BEAUTIFUL march day....................16 shooters.

Just us or is it being seen elsewhere too?

There was a thread a week ago that had a record attendance over 200. Canyon Lake had a large turn out I think.

Comment

At the Camp Bullis shoot last month the crowd was pretty good!

Comment

This is just me but if you are not Asa or have an Asa qualifier you are out of the game. Asa is dominating 3d archery here in the state of Texas. If you have a shoot the same weekend as a Asa qualifier then I can understand why attendance was low. All the 3 d shooters that travel will be at the Asa events. Sorry you did not have a good turn out.

Comment

Another note, not sure if this even applies in your case.
          Setting difficult courses that are long are another factor to low turnouts. No one wants to miss and lose arrows. If they do shoot their worst score or miss and trash a few shots and arrows, they tend to skip that shoot next time.
          I have set many courses in my times at the range and found that setting a shooter friendly (softer ) course leads to more shooters . If someone shoots their BEST score somewhere they tend to come back. You may have 3-4 shooters complain that is too easy, but you will have have many more complain when it too hard.
          This weekend there is a Qualifier in Tyler and that may have led to lower turnout since it is out your direction.
          Saturday turnout is lower across the board at State level and club level shoots as well.
          I know many go to shoots on sundays because that is when the awards are given.
          If I 'm not mistaken , yall have a qualifier later this year. That will definately HELP in getting the word out about your range. I hope it leads to more and more shooters making your shoots.

Comment

Archers for Christ has been having a good number af shooters,but with Qualifiers going on I can see why your numbers r down. I would have liked to have made your shoot today but I went to Arkansas to shoot their Qualifier and Sunday off to Tyler to shoot their Qualifier

Comment

Well to be honest, I have heard good about your tournaments. It was recommended for us to go to it today, but I looked for a few minutes and did not find where you were located and such. That was not the sole reason for me not to come today though. We were practicing yesterday and my niece that we raise, broke her strings on her bow and we had some items to get done today and such. We just had a lot to do today and we did get some things done around here. Is there a website to find out more info about your shoots and such? I would like to come and attend one sometime. We usually go to the Archers for Christ shoots in Paris every shoot. If you can give some info, it would be great. Thanks and God bless.

Comment

I know we had 2 regulars in our group that did not come, one out of town and the other working.
                We will work on a few locals and see if we can get them interested

Comment

Originally posted by imsowright View Post
                  Well to be honest, I have heard good about your tournaments. It was recommended for us to go to it today, but I looked for a few minutes and did not find where you were located and such. That was not the sole reason for me not to come today though. We were practicing yesterday and my niece that we raise, broke her strings on her bow and we had some items to get done today and such. We just had a lot to do today and we did get some things done around here. Is there a website to find out more info about your shoots and such? I would like to come and attend one sometime. We usually go to the Archers for Christ shoots in Paris every shoot. If you can give some info, it would be great. Thanks and God bless.
                  My cell number is 903-569-7155 call any time for any questions.

We spend all we can on advertisment, but targets and making a wonderful place to shoot is priority #1. Word of mouth will do more than any add, always has always will. We cant seem to get locals to get there bows out of the closet, its sad...they are the ones that REALLY need it.

I'm a firm believer in making a course that allows higher scores. It keep the shooters happy, and makes core replacment cheaper, but I still make every shot a truely unique shot.

I know Tyler had a qualifier today............but MOST of our shooters could care less about even keeping score. This is our first year to go over to ASA, and while I know it from end to end, It is confusing to most of our new shooters (the reason we shot IBO scoring for 3 years). But I must go where the masses are to keep the gates open.

Not complaining at all, just concerned for the small town clubs that aren't in "high traffic "areas. I feel fuel is a large part.

Comment

Kyle, maybe some people were like me and had to go out of town for spring break.
                    Sorry I didn't make it, I love the shoot. If I can make a decent score, it must be a soft shoot!
                    Thank goodness my BIL took me to the new firehouse yesterday or I would still be POed about having to come to SA.

We will spread the word about next month, but you are going to have to give us extra pine cones!

Comment

Kyle, I would say it was a combination of factors from spring break to the qualifiers in Tyler and Arkansas as well as fuel costs. If we didn't have the qualifier, I would have been at your shoot Saturday and spent today in my garden and chilling.

ASA is what most shooters want, and will drive 2 1/2 hours to shoot at one even if it is a just good club shoot. With Quitman being only an hour away from Tyler, I am certain the qualifier had an effect on your attendance. I am just guessing, but I think the Mesquite Archery Club was concerned about it too, so they moved their club shoot to a different weekend. Maybe Zookeeper will chime in and correct me.

Comment

I don't particularly care for ASA, but that's just me. Too many classes split the shooters up. Don't care much for the upper and lower 12, don't care much for the all known, half known, etc. I think ASA works with a bunch of shooters, but doesn't work well for smaller shoots.

I really like how Saltgrass does it, which is LSBA (I think).

Just my $.02

Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

I really like how Saltgrass does it, which is LSBA (I think).
                          What is LSBA?

Comment

Kyle, I havent been able to make any shoots this year because I work weekends and I really hate it too. Every course I go to I love, because its better than shooting at the house. I could care less about scores, Im there to be a better shot. We owe that to the animals. As soon as they get me off this shift you WILL be seeing me and Foster.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                              What is LSBA?
                              Lone Star Bowhunters Association.

Comment

Working...
                              X