3D shoots in Montgomery County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D shoots in Montgomery County

THis came my way and thought I would post it up. Im not a 3D shooter but thought some of yall might be interested. Hopefully this is not repetitive info for yall.

1) The Montgomery County Archery Club (MCAC) will have a membership drive shoot on 2/25 starting at 9am. All shooters interesting in purchasing a membership can come and shoot and get in a FREE practice round. This will not count towards the SOY award, so get an advantage over the competition for the March shoot. Please also sign up for one of the work slots. All members will be required to work at least 1 shoot this year.

2) Join us for a work session on 3/3 at 8am to get the range ready for competition. This will be one of the chances to earn a ticket for the raffle drawing.

3) The dates for the official shoots this year are: 3/24, 4/28, 5/26, 6/23, 7/28, 8/25.

4) We will have a night shoot on 7/28. More details to follow.

5) If you are interesting in shooting at ASA events, please let me know. We have a limited number of ASA memberships for sale.

All workers will earn a ticket that will be entered for a drawing for raffle prizes at the end of the year. The more tickets you earn, the better your chances are to win. Bring a friend to a shoot and earn 1 ticket. Get a referral to become a member and earn 2 tickets. You must give this information at check-in to claim these tickets.

All official shoots count toward Shooter of the Year award. The lowest score for each shooter will be discarded. The winner of each eligible class will win an engraved belt buckle. You MUST be a member AND work at least 1 session to be eligible to win.

Please check our club website, www.mcac3d.com for more information for Rules, Classes & Yardage, & Fees. You can also find us on Facebook.

We hope to see you there!

Troy Ireland
    MCAC President

Better read there rules carefully they like to bend rules. Trust me it happened. Not a place to shoot if you like shooting asa. They will make u change your setup. Just bad experience with this club ill never go back.. Just my opinion.

Comment

Feedback is always good. Like I said, this is not my thing and was just posting here to see if it was something yall would be interested in. Hopefully whatever was bad for you has been addressed and fixed. Any type of club will change as the leadership changes. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytfamily41 View Post
        Better read there rules carefully they like to bend rules. Trust me it happened. Not a place to shoot if you like shooting asa. They will make u change your setup. Just bad experience with this club ill never go back.. Just my opinion.
        Let me guess....you like to shoot a scope/lens in the Bowhunter class??

heard it for years. Bending the rules...I think not...maybe enforcing MCAC's rules!!

Since 2005, MCAC has never allowed any scopes/lenses/adjustable sights in the bowhunter class. That equipment was a mandatory Open class equipment. At any shoot in the past, you could shoot in the MBH or Men's Open class, depending on equipment. Also...Open class was only 5 yds difference in distance.

Is MCAC an ASA club?? Absolutely. many of the members are supporting ASA members

Does MCAC follow an ASA shoot format?? NO. With only 40-50 people, it was in the best interest of the club to only offer a couple of classes.

Now...These rules were posted before each year and each shoot.

Hoytfamily....c'mon now...not go back because you couldn't conform with the rules is a bit too much. I know you Justin....you are a better shooter anyways to shoot in a MBH class at a local shoot. Go back and just shoot in the open class with PopTart, Jaime, Cliffy and the other guys...
        Last edited by SPUD; 03-19-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X