Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Tyler Archery Club March 17-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Tyler Archery Club March 17-18

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will make its first 2012 East Texas stop on March 17 & 18 at Tyler Archery Club.

Two 30 target ranges, 10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced. Speed and equipment will be checked.

Class Changes: For 2012 we will be adding a new Women’s Open B Class (half known / half unknown) and a Young Adult Pins Class.

Known and Unknown Classes for 2012:

• All Known: Men's Known (K50 and K45 combined) Women’s Known 40, Bow Novice, Women’s Bowhunter, Young Adult Pins, Youth Pins. These classes score the high 12 on targets 1-15 and the low 12 on targets 16-30.

• Combination Known and Unknown: Women’s Open B, Youth Boys & Girls, Young Adult, Senior Women’s, Hunter, Open C, Open B, Traditional and Women's Traditional, Senior Eagle, Eagle and Jr. Eagle. These classes score the high 12 on targets 1-15 and the low 12on targets 16-30.

• All Unknown: Men's Unknown (Open A and Semi-Pro combined), Women’s Open, Senior Masters, Super Senior, Senior Open, Limited, Unlimited, and all Pro classes. These classes score the low 12 on all targets.

14-Ring Scoring in 2012: In addition to the Pro Classes, all Eagle classes, Traditional, and all 30-yard classes including the Bow Novice, Young Adult Pins, Women’s Hunter, Youth Pins, Youth Boys and Youth Girls will not be scoring the 14-Ring in competition this year.

Please contact us if you have any questions regarding these changes to these classes for 2012.

If you are in a KNOWN distance class or a 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown class you MUST have a range finder. If you do not have a range finder we will assign you to a group that has a range finder. Yardage sheets will be supplied to shooters that shoot from the Yellow, Green and Orange stakes ONLY.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Tyler's range is classic East Texas piney woods. The shaded tree canopy will create challenging lighting conditions. TAC's terrain includes elevation changes as well as open field shots. This will be a great shoot.

Here is a link to Tyler Archery Club's website:

And Remember.....We are The Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

going to do my best to make it.

Comment

We will have two ranges set => THANK YOU TIM at Mesquite Archery Club for loaning us targets to make this possible!

Our ranges are very similar to what you will see next weekend at the Paris Pro-Am, so come on out and have a great practice! All targets are McKenzies, and most (not all) have very few shots on them!

We are very excited to host this shoot!

Comment

Kurt and I will be there!!

Comment

I may be out for this one unless I can get my scope fixed between now and then. Being left handed sucks

Comment

Toby- my husband shoots left handed. Is there something we could help you with or loan to you?
            Stacey

Comment

Is there an address to tyler archery club?

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                Toby- my husband shoots left handed. Is there something we could help you with or loan to you?
                Stacey
                Stacey I think I am going to have to send my whole sight back to Shrewd. The whole scope housing comes loose while I am shooting so something is wrong. I had some local guys work on it but it is not fixed.

Comment

Address? Link to a map?

Comment

Don't you have a Texas Archery Guide?

Mike posted the website-

Comment

Toby- sorry to hear that- they will be at the Pro-Am next week and can probably fix it there, but that won't help you for this weekend.

Comment

Seems like there has been an increase in shooters this year at each event! Much apprection to Mike and Tracy for leading the nation with great events and for each club in setting up challanging, but fun courses. I think we have like 8-10 shooters coming.

Comment

Originally posted by ken1965 View Post
                          Seems like there has been an increase in shooters this year at each event! Much apprection to Mike and Tracy for leading the nation with great events and for each club in setting up challanging, but fun courses. I think we have like 8-10 shooters coming.
                          Texas ASA Rules!

Comment

would it be best to take 155 to 64 or 155 to the Loop 323 then 64?

Comment

I wouldn't take 155 through town- take the loop around to 64 east. That's because there is no such thing as a straight road in Tyler, one that doesn't change names twice, and a loop without stoplights

Comment

Working...
                              X