"Sherwood Forest"(Salt Grass Hog Hunt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sherwood Forest"(Salt Grass Hog Hunt)

Great weekend at Sherwood! Jack and his daughters Amber and Ashley, Lonnie Carr and son Lonnie, Billy, George and myself headed down for a little hog hunting. The hogs must had been tipped off to our arrival as none showed themselves. We did however see a lot of game! Some nice bucks and loads of turkeys.
    The youngster in the group, Lonnie did end up with a nice javelina!! Btw, we still all owe him 5 bucks, as he won the pot we had going!
    New friendships were made and we enjoyed lots of conversation around the camp fire about past hunts and competitions. I really enjoyed spending time with the younger hunter and seeing the enthusiasm they have for archery!
    Thanks George for a great time in Sherwood!!
    Congrats to Lonnie for the sweet heart shot you put on that javelina
    Attached Files

i need to go for some turkey this month.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ttt

Comment

opa

Comment

Looks like you have a few to choose from

Comment

Dadogg, there were quite a few to choose from! I saw three different toms with 8+ inch beards, one was 10 inch or better! He has some nice birds down there for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Xenarcher View Post
              Dadogg, there were quite a few to choose from! I saw three different toms with 8+ inch beards, one was 10 inch or better! He has some nice birds down there for sure!
              Brian thanks for the help good luck Saturday at Bastrop see you Sunday

Comment

Thank Greek!! Looking to get a little more done at the range between now and then... If I don't see you before then, see you early Sunday morn!!

Comment

Working...
                X