Colby got a tension release needs advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colby got a tension release needs advice

Colby got a back tension release in Monroe. Man he is packing arrows in good with it but is tearing up his forarm. Went out and he was crying and showed me his arm but he was still shooting. Didnt have this problem with his thumb release. any advice

until I can work with him -- stop using it. Also, get him an arm guard. The effects of him hitting his arm will last a lot longer than incorrectly using the release.

Comment

He is overpulling it and it may have changed his draw length just enough to cause him to overdraw. When I switched to a "back tension" hinge release, I had the same problem. Tracey can help you immensely!

Comment

ild post this on the equipment and tuning forum..bet you get more advice

Comment

Bet dusty can fix it in about an hour! She is no slacker in the archery department!!

Comment

posted it here so the right people would see it and they are. Thanks everyone

Comment

Gene City taught us how to use it correctly & pretty sure he taught Tracey "Dustybritches" . He is the man for sure

Comment

Told him not to use it until Tracey can help him. Gonna hide it until we can get with her

Comment

This is definitely the place to ask this question..

Comment

"javi" in Waco, gave me some of the best advise i have received for shooting a hinge release. Real good guy also.

Comment

I believe Colby will be shooting with Tracey on Sunday, but he shot very well at Cowtown last week...

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
                        Gene City taught us how to use it correctly & pretty sure he taught Tracey "Dustybritches" . He is the man for sure
                        Supposed to say Gene Cury , auto correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                          I believe Colby will be shooting with Tracey on Sunday, but he shot very well at Cowtown last week...
                          He is ready to get to Bryan to shoot.

Comment

What release is colby shooting?

Comment

Bernie's knuckle under we walked around Monroe and he picked up a bunch of them and this one fit his hand well and he liked the feel of it. He likes it.

If you order one be sure to mention Colby McWhorter sent ya

Comment

Working...
                              X