Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Cinnamon Creek Ranch on January 28-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zookeeper View Post
    I was out both day's on the pin range. It was really great to see all of the new first time shooters. Many of them were family groups, Husband, wife and kids. Could not of asked for better weather and as always Joe was a great host. I also met his wife for the first time and she is a sweet heart working in the concession stand and keeping Joe in line.Thier attention to the small details is one thing that helped to make this shoot a home run.
    Zookeeper it was nice to talk with you on the range. I was the guy in the brown vest that ask if you were the range master. This was my 3rd 3-d tournament and my first ASA. After looking at the scores in all the classes I think I could have done better shooting the know 45 or 50 with my hunting rig.

Comment

good times this weekend! HUGE turnout and it showed with how long it took to shoot! Not complaining.. as a trad shooter I have the option to show up early and be enjoying breakfast after shooting while everyone else is signing up. With good binoculars, the scorings rings in the zoo were fine to see. The targets were blasted up because of all the shooters for 2 days of shooting tearing into the rings. That happens. Was it a hard course? Yes and no... some shots were "testy" while others were supposedly "shoe ins" that weren't. I couldn't seem to get my act together until the very end of the shoot. There's always next time.

Congrats to all that won.. some awesome scores called out after the weather that was blowing everyone around!

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
        Zookeeper it was nice to talk with you on the range. I was the guy in the brown vest that ask if you were the range master. This was my 3rd 3-d tournament and my first ASA. After looking at the scores in all the classes I think I could have done better shooting the know 45 or 50 with my hunting rig.
        It was good meeting you. ASA has a class for everyone I thinlk I would do great if they would let me shoot from the eagles steak
        Look me up at the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by murph62 View Post
          we had a great time shooting with derrek, brandon and terry. GREAT GUYS!! would have been better if Luke and I weren't suffering from target panic so bad. We are both committing to back tension releases for the rest of this year..Luke was in tears at one point yday on the course..going to get better tho! Thanks to jayde and brett last night for staying late last night helping Luke with his back tension release.
          It was good to met you and Luke. I enjoyed shooting with all of you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by bsk View Post
            I don't think it had anything to do with your binoculars. I have the high dollar ones and still couldn't see a ten ring, because on most of the targets, there wasn't one there, they were too shot up to make out any ring at all. Even when you got to the target you couldn't tell what the accurate score would be because the 12 rings were also shot up. I overheard a group say "if we get anywhere clsoe to a kill shot it's a ten". How can you get an accurate score like that
            I am respectfully disagreeing with this comment.

1. We inspected all 60 targets before the shoot and they were all suitable for tournament competition. There were scoring rings visible for scoring arrows on every target.

2. There is nothing in the rules about being able to see the scoring rings from the shooting STAKE. I shot the Open range and we had several targets where scoring rings were not visible from the shooting stake even with magnification, but they were definitely there and easy to score once we got to the target. Hey guys....this is part of the game. I have shot ASA Pro/Ams where by late in the Sunday round the 12 ring was 75% gone (shot out), but with good judgement and common sense my group has always been able to score the arrows fairly.

3. In reviewing the scores it is obvious that the scoring was called close and fairly. All scores in respect to the shooting classes were close and actually lower than average.

Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
            What range were you on? I shot the zoo on Saturday and they were fine.
            Thank You.

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
            With binos there were several targets in the Zoo that you could not see the 12 ring, some were difficult seeing the 10. Once you got to the target you could make out the rings.
            Thank You.

Comment

The scoring rings were visible for me from every shooting stake on the Open range. Must be your binos or your eyes. I have Alpen Tetons 8.5*50 and I can get you a new pair, if you'd like.

I'm gonna warn you -- you will see things with these binos that you've never seen before! Even if you have Nikon or Leopolds.

Comment

Tracey will you see random mountain lions or maybe a unicorn or two? Those are the ones I need!!

Comment

Well said Mike. Thank you again for what you and Tracy do for our sport.

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
                    Well said Mike. Thank you again for what you and Tracy do for our sport.
                    X2 Thanks for making ASA a family sport that I can have my whole family out to enjoy! Texas ASA is a wonderful Family. Matthew had an awesome time. We will be pulling Brooke around in a wagon before too much longer!

Comment

X2 Thanks for making ASA a family sport that I can have my whole family out to enjoy! Texas ASA is a wonderful Family. Matthew had an awesome time. We will be pulling Brooke around in a wagon before too much longer!

Comment

It was good to see you there brother! I wish more of our other cowtown brothers would have been there! Love all those guys too!

Comment

Originally posted by Corn Slinger View Post
                          It was good to met you and Luke. I enjoyed shooting with all of you guys!
                          It was great finally meeting you too brandon! It was one of the funnest groups we've ever shot with!

Comment

well said mike

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                            I am respectfully disagreeing with this comment.

1. We inspected all 60 targets before the shoot and they were all suitable for tournament competition. There were scoring rings visible for scoring arrows on every target.

2. There is nothing in the rules about being able to see the scoring rings from the shooting STAKE. I shot the Open range and we had several targets where scoring rings were not visible from the shooting stake even with magnification, but they were definitely there and easy to score once we got to the target. Hey guys....this is part of the game. I have shot ASA Pro/Ams where by late in the Sunday round the 12 ring was 75% gone (shot out), but with good judgement and common sense my group has always been able to score the arrows fairly.

3. In reviewing the scores it is obvious that the scoring was called close and fairly. All scores in respect to the shooting classes were close and actually lower than average.

Thank You.

Thank You.
                            x2

Comment

I had no problems with the scoring rings just with target # 6 on the pins course the way the red stake was placed it was like a DEERMAN shoot. By the way I hit the tree and so did the shooter right after me, still it was a great shoot, Thanks to CCR for all their hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyelp View Post
                                I had no problems with the scoring rings just with target # 6 on the pins course the way the red stake was placed it was like a DEERMAN shoot. By the way I hit the tree and so did the shooter right after me, still it was a great shoot, Thanks to CCR for all their hard work.
                                Any time you or the group feels there is an obstruction between you and the scoring area its best to call a range official. Many times during setup things will be all clear but rain and wind can change the view. That is one of the many things range officials do.

Comment

Working...
                                X