Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Cinnamon Creek Ranch on January 28-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ifishdad View Post
    We had a great time also. Enjoyed the shoot with Robby and Kelly. I shot my highest score ever 12 down Woohoo. Its more fun to say 12 down ,than i shot a 256 which was my highest score tell Sunday. Was 7 down with 4 targets left then had a 5 and 8 back to back. Followed that with a 12 and 10 to finish off. Colby shot a 275 in eagles. Thanks for everyones hard work
    Ok, school me. I never recognized this form of "score talk" before yesterday, but what does it mean to shoot down or up in scoring? Is there a par?! Yes, I am new to 3D, forgive me please!

Thanks for any input!

Comment

Take the number of targets and multiply it X 10.

Example 30 Targets ( 30 X 10 = 300)
      That's considered even (or par). Shooting up would be 300+, shooting down is anything below 300. Even is kinda a universal goal or milestone amongest many shooters.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonExtreme View Post
        Take the number of targets and multiply it X 10.

Example 30 Targets ( 30 X 10 = 300)
        That's considered even (or par). Shooting up would be 300+, shooting down is anything below 300. Even is kinda a universal goal or milestone amongest many shooters.

Hope this helps
        Ahhhh.... I see now! Thanks so much.

Comment

great event,glad to be back shooting again

Comment

tell luke we are all proud of him!

Originally posted by murph62 View Post
            we had a great time shooting with derrek, brandon and terry. GREAT GUYS!! would have been better if Luke and I weren't suffering from target panic so bad. We are both committing to back tension releases for the rest of this year..Luke was in tears at one point yday on the course..going to get better tho! Thanks to jayde and brett last night for staying late last night helping Luke with his back tension release.
            I know it sucks not getting the score you want but we all suffer from that beats target panic from time to time,,,if not for two targets where target panic jumped on my back i would have been vean,,,,look forward to seeing yall at the next shoot and great job reppin CCR guys!

Comment

Scores are posted. I thought I shot poorly, but WHOA!! :/ Gonna try and beat my score every shoot.

Comment

Last edited by ms10ring; 01-30-2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Great group

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                  Had a great time shooting with Brett,Jayde, and Logan. Great group of guys and my wife had a great time shooting on her own for the first time. Thanks to Cindy, Dodie, and Dearl for making her feeling comfortable and giving her some pointers during the shoot. She talked about yall all the way home.
                  We had a wonderful time shooting with Caroline as well! Probably didn't show her the best shooting, but sure did have fun! Our whole group was great! Hope to see and shoot with her again!

Cindy

Comment

I don't think it had anything to do with your binoculars. I have the high dollar ones and still couldn't see a ten ring, because on most of the targets, there wasn't one there, they were too shot up to make out any ring at all. Even when you got to the target you couldn't tell what the accurate score would be because the 12 rings were also shot up. I overheard a group say "if we get anywhere clsoe to a kill shot it's a ten". How can you get an accurate score like that

Comment

Originally posted by BowManiac View Post
                      I know it sucks not getting the score you want but we all suffer from that beats target panic from time to time,,,if not for two targets where target panic jumped on my back i would have been vean,,,,look forward to seeing yall at the next shoot and great job reppin CCR guys!
                      Will do brother! Thanks!! Can't wait for the next one!

Comment

Originally posted by bsk View Post
                        I don't think it had anything to do with your binoculars. I have the high dollar ones and still couldn't see a ten ring, because on most of the targets, there wasn't one there, they were too shot up to make out any ring at all. Even when you got to the target you couldn't tell what the accurate score would be because the 12 rings were also shot up. I overheard a group say "if we get anywhere clsoe to a kill shot it's a ten". How can you get an accurate score like that
                        What range were you on? I shot the zoo on Saturday and they were fine.

Comment

I walked the zoo & stood up targets Saturday & there were a few that were hard to see but everyone had to shoot the same targets so it was fair.
                          Originally posted by Fingershooter View Post
                          What range were you on? I shot the zoo on Saturday and they were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bsk View Post
                            With binos there were several targets in the Zoo that you could not see the 12 ring, some were difficult seeing the 10. Once you got to the target you could make out the rings.

Comment

Congrats to Mike and Tracey Smith on making Texas ASA what it is and setting a record that Texas will only be able to break next year. Congrats to CCR for hosting 2 great events at one time with the ASA going on outside and TFAA going on upstairs at the shop.

Congrats to all the shooters that won or placed and to all the CCR shooters who won or placed this weekend.

Chris and Merissa

Comment

So how many places did the men's hunter class pay?

Comment

Working...
                                X