X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick Slingers Quitman 3/19

Who is going?

Planning on being there with some friends and my son after lunch

Been thinking about checking it out. Never been , gone to a couple shoots up in Paris but missed the last 2 up there. Can anyone give me some info on shoot in Quitman. I live in Greenville ,wanna if worth the drive.

Comment

Oh, yeah, its worth the drive. They do a great job up there. Better practice your distance judging too, because you won't be able to use the ground.
      Last edited by Pistol; 03-18-2011, 02:38 PM. Reason: Some day I will learn how to type 'your'

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
        Oh, yeah, its worth the drive. They do a great job up there. Better practice your distance judging too, because you won't be able to use the ground.
        What about classes & distances up @ AFC in Paris was shooting novice with max yardage of 30. What they have like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt043768 View Post
          What about classes & distances up @ AFC in Paris was shooting novice with max yardage of 30. What they have like that?
          We're gonna shot the hunters class again, its about like that. I had a blast last time although I don't have anything to compare it too! My goal is to not lose any arrows and I didn't last trip so I guess I can only go downhill from there!!

We'll prolly get there 1 or 130!

Comment

They have several different classes, all targets are unknown distances. Hunter class shoots out to around 30yds
            Maybe Kyle (Low Fence) will see this and give some more details.
            Range is about 3/4mi east of Quitman on 154 and then down a county road aboout 1/2mi south. There are signs to point the way.

I will try and find the exact directions and post them back here. I think you can show up and shoot anytime between 10 and 2

Comment

Here ya go

"Start any time between 10am-2pm.

30 targets + mulagan, 50 yrd practice range.
              children 12 and under shoot FREE with adult.

Look forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting some new shooters. Come see what everyone is talking about!

Located .7 miles east of Quitman, Tx on Hwy 154. Turn on CR3220 and go 1/2 mile. We are on left (there will be signs at road)

More info please call Kyle 903-569-7155"

Copied and pasted from another thread

Comment

Originally posted by Matt043768 View Post
                Been thinking about checking it out. Never been , gone to a couple shoots up in Paris but missed the last 2 up there. Can anyone give me some info on shoot in Quitman. I live in Greenville ,wanna if worth the drive.
                It will be worth the drive it's a good fun shoot.

10am to 2pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/4 of MILE east of the city limits (vet clinic) turn onto CR3220 (past stublefield cycle), we are 1/2 mile on the left. Every 3rd Sat. of the month

Where is Low Fence he's supposed to answer all these questions!

Comment

[QUOTE=bowtechhunter;3568572
                  Where is Low Fence he's supposed to answer all these questions! [/QUOTE]

Maybe the pigs got him

I was wondering the same thing, sent him a PM a few days ago and he never replied. Maybe having problems with the hired help at the dairy

Comment

We are heading out about lunch time and will make it there to start shooting between 1:30 and 2 hopefully. That is if we can get StringStretcher off work and on the road in time...lol...
                    Last edited by progater; 03-19-2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Ended up being 6 of us, we had a good time and only lost about 3 arrows for the group

Comment

great shoot today guys, set up well, fun and very challenging good talking to you today Kyle

Comment

Got several HUGE -THANK YOU! to hand out

First thanks to our members for stepping up and setting up EVERYTHING while Jeff and I were out of town. This months shoot (biggest in club history) wouldn't be possible without yall's hard work.......Thank you, thank you thank you.

Second HUGE THANKS- to all green screen posters what picked up where I left off beinbg out of town. Yalls attendance and word of mouth went farther than you could imagine!..thanks again!

Third- our shooters, ....Without yall we don't exist. Yall showed up in record numbers with great comments and attitudes. We are here for yall and are open for suggestions. Thank yall so much for you attendance and support of our growing club. (tip of the hat),

Hope to see everyone again THIRD SATURDAY IN APRIL!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Comment

Lots of TBHer's shooting today, enjoyed talking to everyone. I will post the results in a day or so.........with a few teaser pics

Comment

I'm gonna bring a bayonette for that antelope next month. Suckers got me two months in a row...

Comment

Working...
                              X